Aune MKII vs Musiland 02 redux
Aug 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

proneax

New Head-Fier
There is some chatter comparing these two but it is scattered on here.
I've done a LOT of supplemental reading and have narrowed these two dac/amps as the best < $150.
USB is necessary, although I do have a TOSlink out....

** not looking to get a separate headphone amp, so the integrated one is important here.

I like the Aune due to the ability to roll opamps and the plug-and-play in linux, windows, mac.
I like the Musiland due to the ostensibly lower jitter on USB, and DTS/etc on SPDIF out.

they both use the same DAC chip which sets them both up to get great reviews in general.

***QUESTIONS:

1.)  is the jitter on the Aune really that bad?  Anyone compared the Aune to an async setup?

2.)  What about the headamp on the musiland 02?  I'll be driving sony 7506 / 63ohms.
I've heard that the opamp in the musiland is poor, but I'm not running high impedance phones.  I can't tell if people are calling it poor in general or just poor compared to more expensive amps... 

3.)  There is apparently a 3 second delay when switching sample rate using the musiland's precision mode.  Has anyone found this annoying?  Given shared mode in windows, I assume this would only happen with ASIO and if you play 2 music files back to back that have different sample rates?  That would almost never happen to me.

Sep 4, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 2
anyone?

leaning to the musiland 02, partly because I think the Aune would induce some incremental upgrades (Power, adding coax out to my PC, etc) that would really bump the effective price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back