Aune B1S Headphone Amp Tour & Impressions
Mar 29, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #61 of 72
If you need to drive sensitive headphones that are prone to hiss or frequency changes resulting from impedance mismatch, power output is the least of your concerns, but noise floor, output impedance, and the quality of the signal coming out of the amp are important. : )

But yeah, if what you need is to drive headphones which are demanding in terms of power output, this would be the wrong amp for you. The Fiio A5 and Cayin C5 have high output in a stackable form factor, or if you need a TON of power and don't care about the size of the amp, go for the iFi Micro Black Label, probably.

Also, if you're looking for something cheap but good for driving headphones, the $30 Walnut F1 is a steal. Goes great with T50RPs.

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #63 of 72
I understand wanting to change the sound, and the idea behind wanting Class A.
But I don't understand why a person would by an amp to cut power. My DAP isn't class A or tube, but I want an amp to drive harder-to-drive headphones. Tubes would have been cool, but I think this is probably the wrong place to look for me.

It's about quality,

May 28, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #65 of 72
20180528_133057_edited.jpeg

B1S has made it's way back to me and I've got an exciting little comparison lined up! This time featuring an new Closed Back Planar

May 28, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #66 of 72

B1S has made it's way back to me and I've got an exciting little comparison lined up! This time featuring an new Closed Back Planar

Hey, I know that amp on the left...:ksc75smile:

May 16, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #68 of 72
I just got one of these for $110 bux. ... with my iems it makes me nearly cry. No joke, this thing is amaaaaaaazing!
Could you briefly rate B1s vs any other portable amps, daps, dac/amps that you have tried, only on sound quality?

May 20, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #69 of 72
Could you briefly rate B1s vs any other portable amps, daps, dac/amps that you have tried, only on sound quality?
It's the best thing I have. Pretty much more musical, rich, organic.. more buzz words. I LOVE it. If an iem sounds peaky with my 'normal' devices, throw the Aune at it and, yeah, that is muuuch better. It's not rolled off in any way, has all the detail.

May 21, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #70 of 72
It's the best thing I have. Pretty much more musical, rich, organic.. more buzz words. I LOVE it. If an iem sounds peaky with my 'normal' devices, throw the Aune at it and, yeah, that is muuuch better. It's not rolled off in any way, has all the detail.
creeped your profile, I guess you like it better than Xduoo 05+, eh?

Jun 7, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #72 of 72
Ended up getting one, it's pretty impressive. Don't think there's another portable out there that can do 6.5 Vrms through single-ended out. It's pretty warm sounding and so has good synergy with neutral earphones.

Plenty of current to drive my CL2 planars which otherwise sound flat with most protables sources.

Only issue has been very long charging, which takes longer than playtime in Class A amp mode. @redrol, how long does it take to charge your unit?

PXL_20210607_115111303.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back