AUGEN THE BOOK EBOOK READER
Jul 25, 2010 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I had a jetbook lite and liked it but the small 5" screen and no backlite bother me. I was used to my palm tungsten t3 with a backlite so even though the jbl was bigger than it I just needed something different.

Enter  the book e reader. It has a 7" color screen with a backlite. It comes with 150 preloaded books with lots of different formats. Anyone else have the book e reader?

Oh I got this at K-MART for 90.00                                     

Jul 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 7
I'm a fan of those old fashioned things called normal books. I suppose they're not as green and take up a lot more space, but I'm not a fan of those e-books being more expensive for now. Once the digital copies go down in price and match physical books, that will be another story.

Jul 26, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 7
I got a Sony e-read about a year back as a toy to play with. I got it specifically because of the lighter power needs for e-ink and the fact that backlit screens hurt my eyes after too long. But I too quickly became disillusioned by the expensive prices of ebooks and prefer to continue investing more in physical copies.

Jul 26, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 7
I picked up the Kindle 2 international from Amazon a couple weeks back for $89.99 (after $100 off audible promo credit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=598985) and I'm really diggin it.  I don't think I would like a back lit lcd ebook reader after seeing how fantastic the eink screen is.  So far the books I've purchased haven't been too badly priced IMHO averaging about 6.99 each and the one click buy is a nice feature although dangerous for my wallet. :wink:  Overall I would definitely suggest an Ebook device to any serious reader unless they are a die-hard library goer then it becomes tough to justify.

Jul 29, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #6 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back