auditioning headphones & return polices
Jul 16, 2007 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

crocandy

Head-Fier
Why is auditioning headphones in the UK so hard?

I have spent the last 3 weeks trying to find a place to audtion HD650s. The general response is "we used to sell them, but have stopped because we are fed up being a testing ground only for people to buy it cheaper on the internet."

This greatly annoyed me as that was exactly what i wanted to do
wink.gif

I decided to switch my attentions to IEMs which i know you can not audition so i thought lets ask about the returns policy, but again foiled at evey occassion.

My favourite convesation went:
Me - i would like to buy a pair of IEMs but understand that you can't try them for hygeine reasons.
Shop assisstant - that's correct (yes, he was a very smart cookie)
Me - what is your returns policy?
Shop assisstant - as long as you don't open the package you can bring them back within 14 days.
Me - So what your saying is you can't try them before you buy and if you do try them and don't like them and the package is open your stuck with them.
Shop assisstant - er i know thats a bit silly but what can i do?

If anybody has any helpful advice i would be only too pleased to hear it.

Jul 16, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 3
The guys at handheldaudio were very happy for me to try out all their IEM's they have sets of tips. They even opened a box of UE 5/10s for me to try, as well let me try one of their own pairs of UM2's.

As long as you email/phone them up and explain to them your situation.

Jul 16, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 3
Take your own tips, or offer to pay for a set of tips for IEMs in case you do not like.

Alternatively offer them a few quid for an audition and they can buy the new tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back