Audirvana V3
Apr 29, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 19
Audirvana is to me the best sounding of the players so far. The integrated Tidal feature is awesome too.
I've got mostly Flac files in my library and a few DSD albums and it just sounds fantastic.
Tidal Masters/MQA works flawlessly with A+ too.
I do wish the UI was a bit better and the library management works great for me but others have had a bit of strife.
All in all a great piece of software considering the price and the involvement of the developer in forums taking advice from customers and offering support.

May 14, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 19
The sound is amazing but yeah I don't much like the UI either. Also, what is up with this?
audirvana.png

I listen to a lot of classical music where tracks have long titles and I'm only getting truncated versions. I tried hovering over them like in iTunes but nothing.

May 14, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 19
The sound is amazing but yeah I don't much like the UI either. Also, what is up with this?

I listen to a lot of classical music where tracks have long titles and I'm only getting truncated versions. I tried hovering over them like in iTunes but nothing.

You make the column wider by clicking and dragging the separator on the right of the column....

May 19, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 19
For the record, it isn't an Audirvana but a Tidal problem. After encountering it several times, I checked the Tidal app and found the following mess. The Elgar and Delius quartets are all jumbled up:

Tidal.png

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #8 of 19
Impressions regarding 3.0.6 with Yggdrasil?
Tried yesterday and didn't like it, with 2.6.6 the sound seemed more focused, more noticeable with strings and piano. Went back to the previous version.
With the Mojo v3 seemed slightly better though, soundstage seemed a bit wider.

May 27, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #10 of 19
Impressions regarding 3.0.6 with Yggdrasil?
Tried yesterday and didn't like it, with 2.6.6 the sound seemed more focused, more noticeable with strings and piano. Went back to the previous version.
With the Mojo v3 seemed slightly better though, soundstage seemed a bit wider.

to me it sounds the same

I thought 3.0.x sounded better....

So now we have all possibilities covered!!

Aug 6, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #11 of 19
For the record, it isn't an Audirvana but a Tidal problem. After encountering it several times, I checked the Tidal app and found the following mess. The Elgar and Delius quartets are all jumbled up:

Should a full page like the above with Tidal, come up for iTunes? All I get is the small "player" but nothing else. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #13 of 19
Audirvana is to me the best sounding of the players so far. The integrated Tidal feature is awesome too.
I've got mostly Flac files in my library and a few DSD albums and it just sounds fantastic.
Tidal Masters/MQA works flawlessly with A+ too.
I do wish the UI was a bit better and the library management works great for me but others have had a bit of strife.
All in all a great piece of software considering the price and the involvement of the developer in forums taking advice from customers and offering support.

Is anyone using the Audirvana upsample to DSD feature?

I have now lots of FLAC and some DSD files, too, and wonder if others have found this beneficiary. The Chord Hugo 2 is recognizing the upsampling as DSD.

I am impressed with Audirvana. Thanks.

Sep 9, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #14 of 19
Another vote for Audirvana + Tidal.

Really seems to sound better than the Tidal app... That seems like it may be confirmation bias, lol, but either way I'm loving it!

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #15 of 19
Is anyone using the Audirvana upsample to DSD feature?

I have now lots of FLAC and some DSD files, too, and wonder if others have found this beneficiary. The Chord Hugo 2 is recognizing the upsampling as DSD.

I am impressed with Audirvana. Thanks.
Hi Sir,
How do we do that? Can you show me how as I am new to Audirvana and am not sure how to use this feature, my DAC is Qutest by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back