Audirvana Studio
Sep 3, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #76 of 127
>I have read that there are alternatives with the Raspberry Pi, but unfortunately I haven't tested it myself yet.

What are those options please?

Sep 3, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #77 of 127
The Pine 64 boards are very similar to the Raspberry.
They run under Linux.
And unfortunately there is no Audirvana for Linux.
Not even Audirvarne orgin.

Unfortunately, the Pine 64 boards are not as far along as the Raspberry in terms of accessories.
And there is mostly little to read about it - everything is still a bit closed as far as I have heard.

Oct 19, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #78 of 127
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd pop in here because I have a question about Audirvana: I was a Tidal Connect user with my iFi Zen Stream, but have bought a Gustard R26 which will have LAN directly connected. I'm currently trying mConnect and Bubble UPnP, and really find they leave a lot to be desired, but don't want to get involved in Roon. It seems like Audirvana might be an upgrade from the other two upnp apps, but is it a direct replacement, ie can I just use Audirvana exactly the same way I use Bubble and mConnect, which is to direct stream to my DAC with a tablet as the controller? I know this may seem like a silly question to some, but I'm new to the UPnP world.

Oct 19, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #79 of 127
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd pop in here because I have a question about Audirvana: I was a Tidal Connect user with my iFi Zen Stream, but have bought a Gustard R26 which will have LAN directly connected. I'm currently trying mConnect and Bubble UPnP, and really find they leave a lot to be desired, but don't want to get involved in Roon. It seems like Audirvana might be an upgrade from the other two upnp apps, but is it a direct replacement, ie can I just use Audirvana exactly the same way I use Bubble and mConnect, which is to direct stream to my DAC with a tablet as the controller? I know this may seem like a silly question to some, but I'm new to the UPnP world.
You'll have to decide if you want the subscription model or the stand-on-its-own-with-no-streaming-services version. I quit after a year of subscribing. It wasn't worth it. I went back to version 3.5.

Oct 19, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #80 of 127
Theoretically, yes. However... You can only use the Android remote app when Audirvana is open on a PC or MAC (it's not headless), and from the issues I've read about in the Audirvana forum, upnp connection can be problematic depending on your streaming hardware. It is a subscription model for Audirvana Studio, but there's a free trial available to see if it will work with your setup and if you like what it has to offer. I have it (without any upnp) just because I like how it improves the sound when streaming Qobuz.

Also, you can find out more by asking direct questions in the Audirvana forum.

Oct 19, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #81 of 127
Thanks for your responses guys. Sounds like a no-go if it's not "headless". It's probably just a matter of time before Gustard rolls out Tidal Connect, and even though I prefer Qobuz lately, I can always go back to Tidal if/when that happens. But man, Bubble UPnP is a huge letdown to me unfortunately, not that I'm not grateful that someone took the time to make it at all......

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #82 of 127
New update:
Audirvāna Studio & Audirvāna Origin 2.0 update​
• Chromecast audio
• Universal gapless playback
• Audio Scan
• Device-specific settings
• Remote app tablet mode
• New interface customization options

Oct 21, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #83 of 127
New update:
Audirvāna Studio & Audirvāna Origin 2.0 update​
• Chromecast audio
• Universal gapless playback
• Audio Scan
• Device-specific settings
• Remote app tablet mode
• New interface customization options​
I really wanted to like this software, but it’s never recognized my full library due to some file names it has issues with. No other player software has had this issue. I tried to resolve it on the forums and with support, but there’s no way to pinpoint exactly which files are troublesome for it and I’m not going to go through my library and rename everything just to make Audirvana work.

Dec 2, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #84 of 127
Resubbed to try 2.1 today due to "improved sound quality". The only thing I notice off the bat in compared to Roon is that 2.1 is a bit less shouty going back and fourth. I just wish Audirvana did the same song suggestions Roon and spotify does.

Jun 16, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #86 of 127
Just moved from Audirvana 3.5 to Studio 1.8.1 (both Mac Mini M1). Bugs are limited to the extent that 99% of the time I can just enjoy the music ... I am very satisfied with the sound quality overall, Studio equal or better than 3.5. I will subscribe for sure, to keep Audirvana going. Tangential to the actual software, I don't care much for the new "fancy" rebranding, including the Audirvana accent thing -- looks like they got lost/confused and spent way too much effort on that vs. their core priorities - water under the bridge, I hope they are now in a good position to move forward. E.g. trade-off to no longer provide a product manual (sorely needed, took me 20 minutes to figure out how to add plug-ins) vs. the new redesign -- not customer friendly.
Agreed all around.

Jun 16, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #87 of 127
For Audirvana Origin and Studio, anyone know if there is a way to set it so that it automatically increases 6dB gain for DSD playback?

Jun 16, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #88 of 127
For Audirvana Origin and Studio, anyone know if there is a way to set it so that it automatically increases 6dB gain for DSD playback?
You can probably get an answer for that in the Audirvana forum: Audirvana Community

Jun 24, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #90 of 127
I agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back