Audirvana - New open source Music Player for Mac 10.6
Nov 23, 2010 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SoupRKnowva

Headphoneus Supremus
at our local meet this weekend, one of the guys there mentioned this new player, its open source, and being built for the best sound quality.

heres a thread that the coder started at computer audiophile

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/New-OSX-Opensource-audiophile-player-Audirvana

and the google code site for it

http://code.google.com/p/audirvana/

its free so why not give it a shot i figure

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #4 of 7
Minimal approach; good player; good sound and still emerging. I applaud the author's effort. I use it in the rotation with two other Music Players: Pure Music & AyreWave with my 2010 Mac mini / 8gb ram.

Did you ever get around to making it work? Looking forward to impressions by the three of you.

Silent One

Quote:
any first impressions? I downloaded it but so far I'm not sure if it does anything better than Cog or iTunes

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 7
I've been using Audirvana for about a week now and I really like it. Love the interface. Best part, though, has to be the price 
o2smile.gif
 The sound (with so little experience) sounds really good, better than iTunes for sure. I get CPU overloads every once in awhile but when thats not happening, it's smooth sailing...

Mar 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #6 of 7
I really like how Audirvana sounds and would love to use it but it crashes 100% loading up a playlist for some reason... plus it doesn't seem to have too many ways in which I can shuffle the playlist or otherwise edit them... I know it is a work in progress so I'll be sure to keep an eye on future updates.

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Minimal approach; good player; good sound and still emerging. I applaud the author's effort. I use it in the rotation with two other Music Players: Pure Music & AyreWave with my 2010 Mac mini / 8gb ram.

Did you ever get around to making it work? Looking forward to impressions by the three of you.

Silent One

hm, it's buggy for me, but I'm not sure if that's the software itself or a potential clash with some other audio stuff I have installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back