AUDIOVALVE SOLARIS: a super LUMINARE ?
Feb 11, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #16 of 24
Hi Ableza, I'm glad you made your endgame. We got to know each other at Canjam in NYC 2019 last year and you were one of the first to love the performance, sound and functionality of the Solaris and made me a deal.

Now we're a year ahead, my bags are packed again for Canjam 2020 in NYC. This time I have 2 Solaris with me, one with and one without DAC and a Luminare with DAC. I don't have any headphones in my luggage, because many well-known headphone manufacturers have offered to show them with their flagships, such as AudioTechnica, Meze, Audeze, HiFiMan, a Voce from Dan and possibly Kennerton. I think they are very interesting calibers in combination with the Solaris or the Luminare. So friends, then off to NYC and let's shoot the bird.

look for this banner ...

20200131_093704.jpg

Feb 27, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #18 of 24
Welcome to the Solaris club. It is an outstanding headphone amp !

Feb 27, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #20 of 24
Any dac recommendations for Solaris? I have RME adi dac and had Denafrips R2R. I don’t know if a dedicated streamer will make any difference.
I use a Sonore Ultrarendu and a Schiit Yggdrasil with my Solaris. Listening via Roon. Sound is sublime.

Feb 27, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #21 of 24
Any dac recommendations for Solaris? I have RME adi dac and had Denafrips R2R. I don’t know if a dedicated streamer will make any difference.

I'm using the AudioValve DAC to connect it with my PC.

Feb 28, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #22 of 24
How do you compare the DACs to each other? I have the ADI-2 but have been looking at an Ares 2 as well.

Feb 28, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #23 of 24
How do you compare the DACs to each other? I have the ADI-2 but have been looking at an Ares 2 as well.
Denafrips Ares is more natural which is not bright nor warm but has beautiful highs and thunderous lows, but is less wide than RME dac; RME has some tuning and flavor while has less depth than Denafrips Ares.

All in all, it is all about synergy and functionality. RME high power could drive my Susvara believe it or not. RME also has EQ as well as IEM low noise output. I personally feel it works better with my Stax system. I don’t like Denafrips with Wells audio Enigma which I used to own, in that that combo is too heavy and overly hard tonally, where as RME is definitely weightless but still have strong bass. I haven’t got my Solaris back which has sent to German for repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back