AudioValve LUMINARE & VERTO : for Stax headphones and for all dynamic headphones
May 25, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #346 of 352
although I would love a red one, everything else is black including
the speakers which are also painted with automotive paint.

May 25, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #347 of 352
Going back to the amplifier Luminare recently presented to high-end 2015 Munich, here are some pictures found on the forum German open-end-music.http://www.open-end-music.de/vb3/showpost.php?p=189699&postcount=128

Luminare version, black and Ivoiry (pending the special version "red Ferrari" special order that may be of interest to KG)

May 25, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #348 of 352

The transformers are certainly a compromise, but in this particular case with the headphone Stax SR-009, are an excellent compromise giving a more enjoyable listening (and appreciated) "more musical" compared to a electrostatic OTL amplifiers "direct drive" (without output transformers) like the SRM 007t 2 (compared with the Luminare amp) and like the BHSE (compared with the Frank Cooter's amplifier 845 DHT seen in the last CanJam)

Eric

That's right, you've got so much experience with the BHSE to back this up eh!

blink.gif

Oct 11, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #349 of 352
Hi
A friend of mine is considering an Audiovalve Luminare, for the time being as a tube amp as he doesn't own any electrostats (yet). Can some people chime in who have heard it? Where does it stack up as a tube amp? I own an Icon Audio Mk2 and a Feliks Audio Elise which I don't use any more since my DNA Stratus arrived. How would the Luminare compare to those e.g.?
Most impressions I find are for it as an electrostatic amp... Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back