Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 install problem on Win7
Oct 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 7
Go to Start> type "device manager" in the "Search programs and files". Double click on the "Sound, video and game controller".

You should see three unknown devices. After "updating" the drivers you shoud see this.

ATI High Definition Audio Device
Prodigy HD2
Prodigy HD2 Controller

If you see the unknown devices then the computer is actually seeing the HD2. The AudioTrak Prodigy HD2 requires you to manually update the driver by "right clicking" on the "unknown audio device" and click on the "Update Driver Software".

You should go to AudioTrak's site and download these drivers. http://download.audiotrak.net/?w=at&p=19&g=1&l=en. It is a zip file so you have to unzip the drivers and let Windows 7 search automatically for the updated driver software or Browse my computer for driver software. I like making a folder named Prodigy HD2 and unzipping the drivers and control panel into that file.
Just update the files. I have had no luck trying to "install the drivers".

Now of course if you cannot see the HD2 in device manager then you have other issues. You might try installing the card in a different PCI slot and making sure that the card is installed correctly. Mine required a slight bending of the mounting tab to get it to actually sit in the PCI slot correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back