Audiotrak Prodigy HD2... Any Sources For USA Yet?
Aug 27, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 5
fwiw,

i was snooping around for comparisons between the m-audio 2496 and the juli@ and the audiotrak hd2 became known to me....and i noticed this:

"Prodigy HD2 is shipping via your local AUDIOTRAK reseller from August 2007."

http://www.audiotrak.net/

Sep 18, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 5
Just bought one to replace my Santa Cruz. Will report back with a comparison and impressions. Using Senn's HD580's. Paid $114 so I'm sure the price will come down a bit.

Sep 22, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 5
I hope there is a simple solution to this problem. I removed my trusted Santa Cruz card and uninstalled the software. I installed the HD2 card and tried to install the software. I followed the manual instructions. I have XP SP2.
I cannot get any of the effects to function. No EQ or other digital effects. I also get a Windows install error message at the end indicating that the hardware may not function properly. The effect functions visually appear to turn on but have NO affect on the sound.
I tried to uninstall and install several times. No success!
I went to the Prodigy site.... they inform you to contact the distributor.
On the Audiotrak User forum there is a complaint about a 7.1 with the exact same issue. Any Prodigy users out there got any ideas. I have installed a few cards in my time without problems. Maybe I do have a hardware problem!
OTHERWISE.... this thing sounds fantastic!

Sep 26, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks to Andreas in customer support, I was able to get the Effects working. The manual is not the clearest I have seen. In the MME you must select the HD2 QVE instead of just the HD2 for input or output control.
I'm still having an issue with sound editors that I would like to address in another thread.
My initial impressions with using the HD2 headphone output and a pair of Senn. HD580's is WOW! I did not think there would be that much of an improvement in smooth spacious highs and bass dynamics. The signal to noise is quite evident over the old Santa Cruz card which is not that bad of a card itself.
I do not think I can tell the difference (with wave files) between my dedicated HP amp. ( BETA18 AD8620AR) connected directly to my Arcam DV78 and the HD2 headphone output. It's that good! Now.... I have not heard a 1212 or 0404, but it has to be in that class or a click above.
As far as I am concerned, you absolutely do not need a headphone amp. with this card. There is enough power to drive the 300 Ohm HD580's extremely loud and cleanly. Lots of drive there!

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back