Audiotechnica earcups changed shape?
Sep 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

irfan22

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

New to the forum. Had a question about my audiotechnica m50s. Ive had them for 3 weeks and the right ear cup seems to have changed shaped. More rounder. Is this normal? 

I have a photo but im not allowed to add an attachment

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hi all,

New to the forum. Had a question about my audiotechnica m50s. Ive had them for 3 weeks and the right ear cup seems to have changed shaped. More rounder. Is this normal? 

I have a photo but im not allowed to add an attachment

Heya,

The pads will form to the contour of your head over time. The longer you wear it, the longer it has pressure applied, and next to your body, more heat is applied, so you'll get a change faster. Pads morph all the time on all headphones. Well used pads fit pretty much one head just right. Unworn pads are the ones that everyone has to move all the time to get it right until they're "broken in" (ie, worn to shape).

Either that, or you melted the plastic and driver because you're a walking nuclear reactor.

Very best,

Sep 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Heya,

The pads will form to the contour of your head over time. The longer you wear it, the longer it has pressure applied, and next to your body, more heat is applied, so you'll get a change faster. Pads morph all the time on all headphones. Well used pads fit pretty much one head just right. Unworn pads are the ones that everyone has to move all the time to get it right until they're "broken in" (ie, worn to shape).

Either that, or you melted the plastic and driver because you're a walking nuclear reactor.

Very best,

haha thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back