AUDIOTECHNICA ATH M50 USERS! Help needed! Looking for your wisdom.
Aug 13, 2013 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

M50user53

New Head-Fier
Hi all!
I'm new here, and need some of your wisdom(s).  About 10 days ago, I ordered a pair of black coiled cable M50's. I think it's worth saying that I do know my headphone's fairly well, and am so far in love with the way the audiotechnica's sound. 
So here's the deal- I applied some leather food to the pleather ear pads, with the hopes that it would soften them up (idiot move). On the contrary, the ear pads have hardened significantly and now I need to look into buying new ones. So here are my questions for you Audiotechnica M50 owners and connoisseurs:

1) Should I buy the replacement stock M50 earpads?
2) Instead, should I purchase the Shure 840 pads for them? I have heard good things about this combo but have questions relating to this.
3) If I am to buy the Shure 840 pads, do they leak sound? How is the sound quality modified? (I am slightly more interested in the sound leakage department)

Anyways, if any of you know the answers to those questions or can guide me along in any way that would be really awesome and I would really appreciate it!

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back