Audioquest King Cobra
Jul 15, 2007 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Morph201

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm demo'ing a pair and all I can say it HOLY crap!
eek.gif
Anyone else have that experience or is just my beer induced fantasies taking over?!?!

Jul 15, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm assuming you're using RCA interconnects? If so, how does it compare with the significantly cheaper Signal Cable Silver Resolution?

Jul 15, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #3 of 6
I've the predesessor, the AQ coral. A nice cable with a friendly sound, probably because AQ uses solid core copper cables which gives an 'analoque' sound, with very slightly rolled off treble and and loose bass.
But the cables do age over the years, especially if you bend it to much (solid core ccables do that).
And the soundstage (on a speakerbased system) is small.
Replacing my coral with a DIY Kimber PBJ/bullet plugs ,was like a breeze of fresh wind, soundstage expanded to the room bounderies, bass got tighter en more details came through, without articial highlighting.

But of course it all depends on taste and system, and I can very well imagine the AQ being the perfect addition to many systems, especially if they might tend to fatigue and need some taming.

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 6
love the king cobras. Definitely want to upgrade down the road when i get "bored" of my current setup. 
Any suggestions?

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I'm demo'ing a pair and all I can say it HOLY crap!
eek.gif
Anyone else have that experience or is just my beer induced fantasies taking over?!?!

What DAC / Receiver and speakers are you using?  Or are you running from PC to DAC to speakers?

No you are not the only person experiencing the difference in sound.

I have AQ Sydney analog cable which gave me the biggest improvement in sound over generic cable. This cable, I believe is pretty similar to yours, is made of high quality high purity solid copper.  I noticed a big jump in mid range and lows with sound instruments come more distinct and come right at it.  I was holly sh!t and s-h-i-t my pants.

With the AQ Angel, which is 100% solid silver, gave me a small improvement over the Sydney.  The music has smoother transition while providing distinct and detailed (a bit more detail) sound.  Harshness is gone.  It sounds like very well controlled, everything in place.  Bit more airy too and has a little less body.  But the less body is no longer a concern for me as I added the musical subwoofer.

You can't go wrong with any of these AQ cables as well as the King Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back