Audioquest interconnect for headphone cable?
Mar 18, 2014 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

indieman

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a replacement headphone cable for some v-moda m100s, and was wondering if any of the audioquest interconnect cables (such as the evergreen) would be suitable? I get a good discount on audioquest because of my work. Thanks!

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 5
In principle the M-100 seems accept any mini-jacked extension cable.
But with a (literal) twist. The original cables seem to have a so called "twistlock technology" system. Meaning the headphone-side jack has a small notch which needs to be twisted into the headphone connector in order to lock it in place (hence "twistlock" mechanism).
It may be possible a normal mini-jack will work too, without the twist locking, but its would be best to test first.
Try it on your M100's. Take the original cable of and try any cable with a minijack. You'll see right away whether it works or not and if it's secure enough for long term use (e.g. it won't slide out of the headphone connector).

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Right,  good idea thanks. I'll try that as soon as they come in (my m100s). I really like the color of the evergreen cable, and it would match some custom plates I'm ordering for the m100s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back