Audioquest Firefly worth it? I need a portable amp for an iPhone.
Nov 4, 2023 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ScaryFatKidGT

500+ Head-Fier
Ok so I figured I'd make my own post after seeing so much negativity...

I don't like the Apple adapters, I know they are pretty on as far as audio is concerned but they are flimsy, break easy and get dust or something in them and crackle when I spin the jack on them, have like 6 and they all do this.

I've always wanted a Firefly but I couldn't decide between the black or red... now the cobalt comes out, like the others has GLOWING reviews from every reviewer, and now the cobalt is actually cheaper than the red so I was like 99% to pull the trigger and there is SOOOO MUCH negativity about it on here... saying the black and red are better and/or that they all suck... I want something I can run portable headphones off an iPhone on, Shure SE535's, Sennheiser Momentums and 599's, HD25 1-II's, Denons and others.

Nov 4, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #2 of 3
I would wait and see what comes up for sale on 11/11. I haven't owned the AQ ones but several others. The HiBy FC4 was my favorite under $100, clean with plenty of power.

Nov 4, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 3
I like the Soundblaster X1, it runs on everything and goes to 2.4v when it detects over 120 ohm resistance. The Tanchjim Space Portable is the best measuring of the portable class. I didn't like the Dragonfly Cobalt as it sounded too bright on everything, really fatiguing after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back