Audioquest Dragonfly not working properly
May 10, 2015 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

legreven

New Head-Fier
Hello! I am on my third Dragonfly now, and ALL of them have made the same electrical buzzing sound. The problem seems to occur when i put the computer on sleep mode and then when I start it again it goes all crazy or make a buzzing noice every ten seconds or so. 

I haven't seen a single thread about this on the internet, So im wondering if I am doing something wrong? The problem have occured on four different computers and in 3 houses/apartments. 

To solve it, I have to plug it out and in again until it works...

May 10, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 6
  Hello! I am on my third Dragonfly now, and ALL of them have made the same electrical buzzing sound. The problem seems to occur when i put the computer on sleep mode and then when I start it again it goes all crazy or make a buzzing noice every ten seconds or so. 

I haven't seen a single thread about this on the internet, So im wondering if I am doing something wrong? The problem have occured on four different computers and in 3 houses/apartments. 

To solve it, I have to plug it out and in again until it works...

It's simply the perils of using USB for streaming audio and power at the same time.  Sometimes you lose the sync if both power and digital are depending on the same connection.  It sounds like you have a solution, though.  If you want a better one - look for USB isolation (a hub with a true USB isolation chip, etc.).

Keep in mind that power interruptions and re-starts can cause the same issue, even with the highest quality DACs. 

Dec 24, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 6
I just purchased a Dragonfly Black from Amazon on 22 December 2018, and I have a similar "buzzing" problem with my Dragonfly as well. I have multiple DAC audio and related devices from various vendors, the Dragonfly is the only product I have that makes this buzzing sound. Very distracting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back