Audiophiles in Dubai?
Jan 27, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #31 of 1,748
Hey man, thanks for the reply.  I will check out the specs for the AKG 141 MK II, as I was mainly looking for the AKG 240 MK II...do you know if Harmon Kardon have that one? I will have to check the specs for the 141 since I want to buy an AKG for monitoring purposes, so I'll get back to you...but please let me know if Harmon Kardon have the 240's or not to your knowledge...thanks!

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #32 of 1,748
Harman/Kardon only sells the consumer line of AKG headphones, which does not include the K 141 / K 240 / K 702 / K 601.
For monitoring, I think the AKGs are accurate and are a great choice for their purpose.

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #34 of 1,748
Hi all,

I was in Mall of the Emirates Yesterday.

Jumbo Electronics displays XB1000 and MDR-Z1000. Both having 1,999 AED price tag.

You can bring your gear and test these cans.

Cheers!

Feb 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #35 of 1,748

Quote:
Hi all,

Jumbo Electronics displays XB1000 and MDR-Z1000. Both having 1,999 AED price tag.

Cheers!

Hey!
Thanks for the info!
BTW Dubai Audio has got the Schiit Bifrost DAC and I think it's really good.
Reasonably priced and Adil is a great guy to deal with.

Feb 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #36 of 1,748
A heads up for all Dubai headfiers;
I will be putting up quite a few amps/dacs/sources and maybe a few headphones for sale so if anyone is interested please PM.
Prices shall be very reasonable and the only reason for sale is that I have upgraded.

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #37 of 1,748
Do they not have the EX1000? If not, the EX1000 is available at Sony Store @ Dubai Mall.

Quote:
Hi all,

Cheers!

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #39 of 1,748

Yes they are.

Been planning to make a visit there.. last time I visited there, I auditioned the HD650 + Valhalla combo. This time, I may demo the HD800 and Valhalla / Bifrost.
Quote:
Tried to visit Dubai Audio sometime last year. Unfortunately they are closed during holidays (I think)

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #40 of 1,748
I turned down going to Dubai last summer when my girlfriend wanted to go. Now, knowing that there's so much audio gear to check out, I think I'll have to go this year!
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #41 of 1,748
Hi Rakan,
Do you have STAX headphones for auditioning?

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #42 of 1,748
FYI Cary Audio products are available at AudioVisualLifestyle!!

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #43 of 1,748
Guys.. I just arrived in Abu Dhabi a couple of days ago. Since then, been looking for an audiophile store everywhere. Can you guys suggest something? I am especially interested in SCHIIT .I dont mind going to Dubai for it either.

So, let me know if you have any info bout it. I spent 2 days in Abu Dhabi mall looking for some gear. The Bang & Oluffsen salesman was insisting that BO is the best brand in the world. I was like: "Since you only sell BO, could you tell me if you know a store which sells high end gear?" And he is like: "But sir, BO is the highest end company out there (an indian dude)." i really couldnt hold myself. I was laughing on the floor!!! Im like.. i am interested in a store which sells stuff like: Krell, McIntosh, Cardas, and high end headphone gear.. and hes like: "hmmm i havent heard of those brands, but I can assure you BO is much better than them" I was ready to punch him. I just left the store.

Bang and Oluffsen = high end??? YEAAAA RIGHT!!!! hahahahaha

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #44 of 1,748
I don't know about Abu Dhabi, but Dubai sells these stuff. 

Imagine Technologies: 

[size=xx-small]DYNAUDIO[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]KRELL[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]SONUS FABER[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]ESOTERIC[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]NORDOST[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]BAT[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]BEL CANTO[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]ORACLE AUDIO[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]HOVLAND[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]WADIA[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]BG RADIA[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]JL AUDIO[/size][size=x-small] | [/size][size=xx-small]PARASOUND[/size]
[size=medium] [size=xx-small]STEINWAY-LYNGDORF[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [size=xx-small]NIVEUS MEDIA| FUSION RESEARCH | AURALEX | CHRISTIE DIGITAL | ANCHOR BAY/DVDO | VUTEC | SEURA| PURELINK | ISOTEK[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [size=xx-small]NETSTREAMS | NAIMNET | SONANCE | I-PORT | REQUEST | TRIBUTARIES CABLES | INCA[/size][/size]

Dubai Audio Center has Schiit gear, and very nice speakers / turntables / CDPs. They also have the high-end Sennheisers.

Sharaf's DG+ has Cambridge Audio gear, and McIntosh gear.

Audissey has Ultrasone, Audio Research, Cardas, and many more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back