Audiophiles in Dubai?
Mar 12, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #633 of 1,748
  I'm out looking for a DAC/Amp. My budget is low as I don't really need an amp so just a DAC would do. Heard some of the FiiO devices but don't work well with my Fidelio x1. Anyone has any other suggestions on local availaibility of anything else or my best bet would be to order from abroad?

Fiio is done by Eros and available at their lading stores. I can get you the prices if needed.

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #634 of 1,748
Hey All, if any one of your is interested in participating in FiiO X3II audition tour, we at samma3a.com in coordination with FiiO are organising and preview tour for the X3 second generation and for any audiophile who is interested in trying our this new DAP and posting a review please check out this thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/759056/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-audition-tour-in-the-uae

we also require reviewer to post their reviews in www,samma3a.com and the link will be provided soon.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #635 of 1,748
  If you do it in a house then one can only have around 5-6 people due to space constraints. Does anyone have some kind of office space they can spare on the weekends to be able to include more people ?

Hi guys, i would like to offer our humble Sound+Design showroom for the meet up here in Abu dhabi.

Kindly  keep me updated and what are the things to prepare for this.

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #638 of 1,748
Anyone knows dealers for Shure SE 846. I've seen one in Virgin store at Dubai mall some months back, when I called Virgin today they told that they dont have stock.
Any info on other dealers, many thanks.

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #641 of 1,748
  Hey All, if any one of your is interested in participating in FiiO X3II audition tour, we at samma3a.com in coordination with FiiO are organising and preview tour for the X3 second generation and for any audiophile who is interested in trying our this new DAP and posting a review please check out this thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/759056/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-audition-tour-in-the-uae

we also require reviewer to post their reviews in www,samma3a.com and the link will be provided soon.

It's great that you guys are organizing that. I should be getting the X3 Gen 2 tomorrow for review :-D

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #643 of 1,748
  I'm looking for a Bottlehead Crack for my HD650's. I'm open to other amp recommendations but I would prefer the Crack. Is there anywhere I can find it here? Shipping is pretty expensive from the US :frowning2: 

Check with Koolpep. He imported it from somewhere if I recall correctly, so he would know of the pricing etc. He's a great guy, and I'm sure he'd give you whatever you information he can.

Are you currently using an amp with it? How do you like the sound? I've read so many good things about the HD650 pairing with the bottlehead crack. I was thinking I'd eventually upgrade to an HD650 from my fidelio X1 given prices being slashed on it, but I've got to get a decent dac/amp first.

Mar 23, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #644 of 1,748

Check with Koolpep. He imported it from somewhere if I recall correctly, so he would know of the pricing etc. He's a great guy, and I'm sure he'd give you whatever you information he can.

Are you currently using an amp with it? How do you like the sound? I've read so many good things about the HD650 pairing with the bottlehead crack. I was thinking I'd eventually upgrade to an HD650 from my fidelio X1 given prices being slashed on it, but I've got to get a decent dac/amp first.

Hi Jozurr,

am back from Europe and have already been in touch with @Feel-Like-Ninja - I do have received my HD650 yesterday, I ordered while traveling :wink: $290 on Amazon was too tempting.
So far I am mightily impressed, much more than I thought I would be. Couldn't stop listening yesterday.... Amazing headphone. And even on the Cayin C5 (the portable amp you liked so much) it sounds absolutely amazing.

Cheers,
K

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #645 of 1,748
  @Koolpep, @punit , @obesecatfish

You guys are awesome. Many thanks Punit for arranging the 'mini meet' and inviting me. I had a blast listening with your toys! I felt I was in the showroom of Dubai Audio. 
basshead.gif

I agree with everybody that the time was too short. That HE-6 driven by the Rag and your tube speaker amp is very special. Sounds very sweet. I like it better than the LCD-X. Glenn's OTL amp is also very nice. The Cavalli LG is one hell of an amp, but the Master 9 of Kingwa surprised me the most. I thought it sounded very similar to my Rag but the sibilance is better controlled.

I thought Punit and Koolpep will not like the PM-2 due to the polite treble but it seems I was wrong. Glad that you like it. 

Koolpep, your AK DAP & GlobeAudio A1 sounded very good. Nice resolution. Thanks for letting me hear it.

Alright guys, I've written my response here rather than in PM so our fellow head-fiers in UAE will know that there are some activities going on... 
beerchug.gif

Happy listening... (Still dreaming of Punit's showroom...) 
wink.gif

Guys,

I cracked a tube for my crack :frowning2: hence we should start planning our next meet. @Jozurr and @Feel-Like-Ninja are two new additions to the meet up scene and very thirsty to try more headphones, amps, DACs and DAPs. And maybe IU can convince someone rot sell me a 5998 or 6080 tube to replace my now broken Tung Sol....

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back