Audiophiles in Dubai?
Jan 7, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #511 of 1,755
updated the last post :p

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #512 of 1,755
  Do you know what time they open? I'm planning to visit Thursday morning, I want to try out the HD800 with the HDVD800.

The store itself is open from 10am to...11pm? Whatever the mall hours are at Mall Of The Emirates the store, and thus the shop-in-shop is open. To be honest as the HD800 is so open it's not the ideal spot for a critical review, as the store is fairly busy/noisy. I would suggest if that's what you want to demo, go there first thing in the morning just as the mall opens so the store is a bit quieter.

Having said that, while I was there I ended up chatting to one guy who was interested in the RS 220 and I gave him a quick demo of the HD800 & HDVD800 and he was blown away. I had a listen to myself and it's a very special combination.

If you want a quick listen and want to be blown away as well it's fine for that :)

For a more in depth/critical listening session I would recommend you get in touch with the guys at Dubai Audio Centre and set up a demo with them.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #513 of 1,755
for sell X-Sabre DAC + free Schiit Wyrd + free shipping in UAE, the Price will be 600$

the Wyrd is better than the iFi-iUSB when it comes to cleaning the signal, i had the iUSB twice, but Schiit sure got a better technology. 

----------

Also the Ragnarok is up for sale for 1600$ , also free shipping, getting it from US will cost at least 2000$ (shipping + tax)

not that i didn't like it , its the best amp, i am just selling my whole rig just to test the New Hugo TT :p 

i always buy the new high end gear, test, review, then sell, crazy hobby i know, lol but it does give you guys to have a good as new high end gear with free shipping as well :p 

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #514 of 1,755
Just spoke with some www.samma3a.com representatives, and apparently they will be adding Hifiman products to their website within the next two weeks, including the He-560, He-400, and the Hifiman players. Apparently they have already received them.

Jan 8, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #516 of 1,755
lowered the price of the X-Sabre to 600$ , final price. 

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #517 of 1,755
^Wow this is a serious bargain. If this was available when I was looking for a DAC (before I purchased Audio-gd NFB-1), I could have grabbed this in an instant!

Consider this guys as this kind of offer comes only once in a blue moon... 
beerchug.gif

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #520 of 1,755

Is there ever a good time no to have cash
biggrin.gif

Went to the sennheiser store in MOE. Just a few suggestions:

1) There seems to be no way to connect your own audio to the HDVD800 amp and HD800 or the HD700 headphones. Didn't want to bring my own amp to test it, but it would be really feasible if there was some way to connect my music player or phone to the system and test the gear with my own music. I can't tell if the music is good or bad if I'm hearing it for the first time as I have nothing to compare it to.

2) The IEMs are not available to test. I was interested in testing the IE800 but the person there told me I can't. I understand hygiene issues, but if someone doesn't care about them to try the IEMs before buying they should be allowed to. Its a good sum of money so would like to try them on before committing to them. What's the point of keeping them out of the case but under the glass display? Would love if I could test the Ie800, IE80.

3) Didn't see the HD650 or HD600 or HD25 Aluminium. Are these expected to come in?

4) The area to test the headphones is too noisy but not sure what can be done for that.

Good initiative on the whole thing but can improve.

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #521 of 1,755
Jan 11, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #522 of 1,755

Went to the sennheiser store in MOE. Just a few suggestions:

1) There seems to be no way to connect your own audio to the HDVD800 amp and HD800 or the HD700 headphones. Didn't want to bring my own amp to test it, but it would be really feasible if there was some way to connect my music player or phone to the system and test the gear with my own music. I can't tell if the music is good or bad if I'm hearing it for the first time as I have nothing to compare it to.

2) The IEMs are not available to test. I was interested in testing the IE800 but the person there told me I can't. I understand hygiene issues, but if someone doesn't care about them to try the IEMs before buying they should be allowed to. Its a good sum of money so would like to try them on before committing to them. What's the point of keeping them out of the case but under the glass display? Would love if I could test the Ie800, IE80.

3) Didn't see the HD650 or HD600 or HD25 Aluminium. Are these expected to come in?

4) The area to test the headphones is too noisy but not sure what can be done for that.

Good initiative on the whole thing but can improve.

Thanks for your feedback, and I understand your concerns. If you want a detailed answer on each of your points please do PM me, but what I would say is that the remit of the Shop-In-Shop is to provide general Jumbo store customers a taster of the "Sennhesier experience", rather than give them a critical listening session! We've tried to pick a representative selection of some of the high end products along with other products in the range we might want to focus on at any particular time. It would be nice to have the whole range but it's not really practical!

If you want to demo the HD 600 or HD 650, or to try the HD 800 & HD 700/HDVD 800 with your own sources and music, it is better to contact Dubai Audio Centre where all these products are available to demo (by arrangement). HD 25 are pro headphones - try DJ Corner in Virgin in MoE, they might open a pair for you. As far as IEM's go, you've identified the problem - people will try and not buy, leaving us with a pair of open, soiled earphones that we can't sell. It's a perennial problem with IEM's.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and provide your feedback though, much appreciated. We'll try and take your comments on board  as we update the range and the display in the future.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #523 of 1,755
sold both the Ragnarok and X-Sabre, 

only the Schiit Wyrd is left for 60$ and free shipping for those who want it. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #524 of 1,755
Some discounted items at samma3a.com. FiiO X5 is only 1259AED.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #525 of 1,755
hay guys, can anyone suggest me a place to buy replacement cables for Shure SE series. I saw one in Samma3a. com but I want the Black ones with a inline remote if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back