Audiophiles in Dubai?
Dec 9, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #466 of 1,754
I missed the hugo!!

very happy with my hugo as an all in 1 box solution.

Hugo design principles are not like the norms. The DAC inside the Hugo is crazy good. Hugo is not a traditional setup where you have the DAC feeding an amp stage. it's was designed with out a dedicated gain stage. So you're basically listening to a volume adjustable output of the DAC.

which i feel is very natural sounding or life like and nothing more if you add an amp you add color or other variables to the sound which you may like or not.

its an experience you need to hear for yourself, red book music sound way better than they should details are there but it feed to you in a musical way not analytically.

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #468 of 1,754
Dec 13, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #470 of 1,754
mah i've changed my mind :p

oh cool theme btw, i wonder if i can make my own theme as well, is it hard?

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #471 of 1,754
  mah i've changed my mind :p

oh cool theme btw, i wonder if i can make my own theme as well, is it hard?

It can require a bit of thinking...but nothing too serious.

Also wanted to give you guys an update about my CIEMs...made some shells today:

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #472 of 1,754
i say COOL!! i mean CIEMs in UAE, you should get more attention <3

you can stuff drivers in these? and make a proto type? what do you think your fit quality is going to be?

and what kind of a sound sig you are after? 

how is your experience with tuning the BA Drivers?

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #473 of 1,754
  i say COOL!! i mean CIEMs in UAE, you should get more attention <3

you can stuff drivers in these? and make a proto type? what do you think your fit quality is going to be?

and what kind of a sound sig you are after? 

how is your experience with tuning the BA Drivers?

It's all a learning process, so fit quality is something I'll have to experiment with a bit. I'm definitely going to make a proto, but the problem is that its a custom job, so people cant really audition them.

Tuning BAs does take some practice, but it's not incredibly difficult. 

Initially I'll be making 2 versions. first one is a dual driver 2 way crossed over, aimed at having a slightly more bass bias. The 2nd will be a triple driver 3-way crossed over, aimed at having a more pro sound. tight bass, crisp mids and highs. 

Then I'll also be working on a single driver version, which will obviously be cheaper, but will still sound great. 

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #474 of 1,754
My Ragnarok has shipped! man too bad i am in RAK else we would do a big Dubai head-fi meeting and post about it here,  we should totally do that one day,

who knows maybe brands who sell in Dubai will notice us as head-fiers and try to advertise etc, that would be fun, not that i am after $$ or anything

i really wana see the day were this hobby blast in UAE. 

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #475 of 1,754
My Ragnarok has shipped! man too bad i am in RAK else we would do a big Dubai head-fi meeting and post about it here,  we should totally do that one day,

who knows maybe brands who sell in Dubai will notice us as head-fiers and try to advertise etc, that would be fun, not that i am after $$ or anything

i really wana see the day were this hobby blast in UAE. 

Nice. Interested to hook my HD800 with the Rok. I've read many good things with this combo. Balanced connection though.

Enjoy your new toy.

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #476 of 1,754
Dubai Audio sells the Sennheiser HD600 and the HD650, which should be on par, if not a bit better than the 325e's.

Also, AB electronics sells the Beyerdynamic DT880, the T90, and the T70, and you Dan demo them in store.

As for warranty, I'm not sure, since I've never had an issue with any of my headphones before. I'm assuming the process is that you just mail them to the company and they'll repair it or replace it and send it back to you.

....and I ended up with a Shure SE846.
ksc75smile.gif
These buds really sound sweet!

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #477 of 1,754
The Bad Boy is here :3

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #478 of 1,754
Dec 22, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #480 of 1,754
Anyone know where I can get the Sennheiser HD 598? Every shop I've been to only has the Momentums. 

These would be rarely be on the shops. I've seen one in Sharaf DG many moons ago. Try to PM Southak, he may be able to guide you in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back