Audiophiles in Dubai?
Nov 10, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #331 of 1,754
  looking for some LCD-X owner in Dubai
I really would like to compare them to my Audeze LCD3F
If someone is interested in this comparison as well, please send me a pm

if you pass by AUH and i am in the city would be glad to meet up in AUH mall and drink coffee some where quiet,  i am deciding to get the LCD 3F or HD800 in the next 6 months still saving.

i will be back in the city in the next 2 weeks and will be free for 4 weeks, i also have the fostex th900 so you can try them out currently my wife fav. headphones.

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #332 of 1,754
OT Post fellow Audiophiles..

Have nothing to do on the week end come and visit SoleDXB!

SoleDXB is an urban lifestyle fair that incorporates the four pillars of Footwear/Fashion, Basketball, Hip Hop, and Street Art.
Sole DXB 2014
Date: Friday, 14th - Saturday, 15th November 2014
Duration: 2 days
Category: Lifestyle
Venue: Dubai Design District
Admission: Free Online Registration, AED 50 at the door

http://www.soledxb.com/

my sneakers will be on display but i wont be there lol busy @ work...

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #335 of 1,754
Wow, 50 pairs?! Will definitely be passing by, hoping to take some pictures too! Do you know if there will be any sneakers for sale there? Used to be a sneaker head too, before blowing all my money on this audio hobby 
frown.gif

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #341 of 1,754
Great! I think we could get down a shortlist of who would be coming, pick an appropriate date in which everyone is comfortable with, then based of that we could rent a hotel lobby or something similar. I'm really looking forward to this, would love to meet fellow audiophiles and try out some sick gear!

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #343 of 1,754
  Just got a Fiio X1 and Grado SR80e from Virgin in MOE. Fiio X1 sounds great but I am loving my Cowon J3 more :)

Anyone knows where I can have the Grado's cables replaced? 

That's strange, I had the J3, then got the X5. Got the X1 for my dad. I much prefer the X1 over the J3

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #344 of 1,754
  That's strange, I had the J3, then got the X5. Got the X1 for my dad. I much prefer the X1 over the J3

Nothing strange. Just a different preference from you. I like the built-in equalizer settings of the J3 plus the better interface. Soundwise, both sound the same without any EQ settings applied according to my non-audiophile/analytical ears. BUT, I dropped my J3 and the screen got busted though I can still use it, so I had to try and see the Fiio X1.

Nov 18, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #345 of 1,754
  Nothing strange. Just a different preference from you. I like the built-in equalizer settings of the J3 plus the better interface. Soundwise, both sound the same without any EQ settings applied according to my non-audiophile/analytical ears. BUT, I dropped my J3 and the screen got busted though I can still use it, so I had to try and see the Fiio X1.

Keep a look out for an upcoming theme I've making for the X1. I started with making the theme for the X5, and then for the X3. It looks and feels much better than the standard themes, got around 400 downloads for the X3 and 200 for the X5 so far. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back