Audiophiles in Dubai?
Oct 26, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #1,741 of 1,748
I am visiting dubai next month, any hifi places to visit other than daubai audio store .. mainly intrested in speakers .. thanks in advance.

raw music store
samma3a

Oct 26, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #1,742 of 1,748
Apr 26, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #1,743 of 1,748
Post W-RSD 2023 Venue Impressions:
RMS : NEW AUDIO SHOP
IMG_E3669.JPG

Indeed, a breath of Fresh air, away from the city centre hustle and bustle. Wide open roadways. Even before entering the New Shop (ex-difc), there is the anti-quivering feeling, the ethos of Chill that was very invitingly calm to go inside Dubai's Ear candy.

The Killer Wall, enter stage Right
IMG_E3616.JPG

I can stare on this feature wall the whole day, like a bee laser focused on that flower bud :darthsmile: ready to strike!

A dedicated Listening Room Setup, made it just in time on Saturday's World Record Store Day. The Brothers aren't finish yet. There's gonna be more rooms including a dedicated Acoustic lounge for live performances.
IMG_E3619.JPG

IMG_E3620.JPG
IMG_E3621.JPG

Andrew Jones' latest masterpiece, the Mofi Source point 10, chained to Japan's Melco, Italy's Gold Note as sources, conversion from tube employed Prima Luna, powered by the discrete Gold Note. Braided Cabling by Bryston, physically separated braiding
Albeit the fantastic pair needs some burning in, yet, the Bass is awesome, analogue, engaging mids - a Mofi given, excellent air lower trebles and very good upper treble sparkles - coming off with excellent cohesion, being Concentrics.

IMG_3648.png

An entire Row of ROCK! :ksc75smile: and that's just one genre! Check out the cult posters embellished along the staircase.
Nowhere, I say again nowhere such a collage of pop art work arranged in a group exists within the region.

IMG_E3636.JPG

Those overhead hanging pot ambient speaker arrays doing splendidly well, in keeping the vibes rolling. They Sound great!

IMG_E3662.JPG

Pick your Poison. Monitored by a pair of KLFs, powered by Prima Luna's.

Save the Best for Last. Headfi origins, Portable and Desktop Audio
IMG_E3651.JPG

IMG_E3653.JPG

Some of the most iconic, most trusted brands in the personal audio industry under one roof:
Auris, Earmen, Ibasso, Grado, Matrix, Meze, Oor, Sennheiser, Technics amongst others.

Raw Music Store open invitation:
This establishment was created by Audiophiles, run by Audiophiles, dedicated for Audiophiles. One cannot, will not appreciate Music until one is satisfied by hearing itself from a decent, proper set.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to try, to listen and even organise a meet.
The folks at Raw are event guys and they are pros in hosting any scale of events. As a matter of fact the Oud Metha Shop hosts a regular monthly Audiophile meet, please register for your invite Here
Prior to the RSD opening day, there was the 9th A.M. held in the above mentioned shop. Lucky winner got a PF album, this is the Artist's production version, the closest quality issue compared to the original year of release album.
1682537853689.png

Please check them out here

And it all boils down to what matters most -> the Music
Jovita Live Acoustic RSD @ RMS Shop 2
Ms. Jovita joined a prestigious contest in Hollywood, CA. As you are hearing her right now from this clip, an award was forthcoming, no? Yes, she bagged some home.
Please calibrate your holographic sound field, Open depth and width, with a very high, double height ceiling to boot.

Thank you for reading
- Benj

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #1,744 of 1,748
Hi All. Anyone have a Chord Mojo 2 that I can borrow and have a listen to for a few days? I fancy buying one the price is quite good right now in the UK but I'd like to try it with my IE900.

Nov 21, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #1,746 of 1,748
Ahlan wahsalan to all Dubai Head-fiers

If I am not mistaken, I already introduced myself before I guess?
I am in Abu Dhabi, just learning about audio listen to music alternative rock, jazz, rap metal, hip hop, RnB, soul
So now I have a dilemma, I already located dealers which sell bought and will make a visit this coming 5th of April (at Bur Dubai area).
What's really for me?

1. ATH M50
2. Beyerdynamic 770 DT Pro 80 ohms?

I know this had been discussed many times but I just don't want to break the bank and buy "ALL"
my budget is around AED 800 for the cans and AED 500 for the amps/dac

BTW where can I buy a Fiio product? searched everywhere souq dubizz.. all those sites, nothing really pops up!

Salam!

PS Sucks, I hate my Avatar!!
https://www.rentanycar.ae/

Jan 4, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #1,747 of 1,748
Hi All. I'm thinking about selling a couple of pairs of my Sennheiser headphones. I have an HD 630 VB and an HD 700 with balanced XLR and unbalanced cable. Both boxed and in excellent condition. I dont have much of a desktop set-up anymore. Anyone interested let me know before I go wild west i.e. dubizzle with them.

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #1,748 of 1,748
IMG_6595.jpeg

Twin Impressions of Ibasso’s latest and greatest offerings
The DX260 as a standalone dap
✅ Excellent Ui, fast, fluid. I’m still used to the pure mango os.
✅ Neutral, excellent detail retrieval all across the frequencies, both low level and macro
✅ Excellent 3d effects, it’s Holographic, scale of imaging is fairly large
✅ Adsr prat is excellent. This is not a boring source, neither it will tire you fast
✅ tuned for long listening sessions, open sounding
✅ Bass, there’s sub bass here and it’s deep, articulate, detailed, extended, well decayed - No bleed. They’re clean
✅ Midrange, extremely Hi-fi, one of the most realistic there is in a portable. Excellent vocal projection
✅ Trebles, bright but not piercing, detailed, extended and realistic
✅ Upper Mids, lower treble has excellent details and transition
This superlative, relatively compact dap is the culmination of analogue tuning with amazing analytical prowess. Not a small task in my book. And Ibasso successfully welt them.
Coming from the Dx229, this is a significant improvement. Most especially the virtual stage and the details retrieval.
The 260 is a keeper, and I’ve not even passed the 50 hours listening mark! I’m head over heels already.
Enjoy your Music more…
IMG_6827.jpeg

The PB5 Osprey Transportable Analogue Tube Amplifier
Impressions are on top of the source player
Here’s what we’ve learned so far
✅ No hiss, clean signal, pitch black background
✅Massive holographic staging, bucolic on some sets, natural, open ended
✅ High Wow factor stage height (on top of the 260’s exceptionally high staging), excellent width and deep, depth of field defined stage depth
✅ Amplifies everything including low level details
✅ Neutral tuned amplification. Your front end sets the tone
✅ Bass, starts from the sub bass, authoritative, detailed, delicate, extended, textured - No bleed through
✅ Midrange - alluring, captivating keeps the listener focused. The virtual stage captures everything with all notes in their own space
✅ Treble - transition from the midrange is exceptional. Not boring not tiring. This amp is for long listening sessions. The top end is bright but not piercing, crisp, detailed, extended
✅ Fantastic neutral timbre, neither thin nor thick, 💯 % analogue hi-fi to my ears
✅ Packaging, unboxing is of the Luxurious kind
IMG_6593.jpeg

IMG_6758.jpeg

Enjoy your Music…
These are available from our local authorised seller
https://rawmusicstore.com/product/ibasso

Users who are viewing this thread

Back