AUDIOPHILES HELP ME: HOOKING STEREO AMP UP TO PC! (im noob)
Dec 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bandooken

Head-Fier
Hello everyone, 

i am thinking of getting a pair of bookshelf speakers for my computer (klipsch rb-62) and the SW112 12" subwoofer from klipsch ( i am getting a good deal on them) 

now to pair that i have been looking around at different amplifiers and i have come to the conclusion that i want a MARANTZ pm6005, but now i have a few questions. 

1. will i be able to hook this stereo amplifier up to my PC? (my pc has optical and coaxial) 
2. if i use one of the above outputs will it still use the DAC in the amplifier or will it use the DAC from my motherboard 
3. will i be able to hook up the subwoofer to the amplifier? some sources say i can because of the HIGH LEVEL IN (L+R)   
4. and what extras will i need to get all of the above accomplished. 

OR WOULD YOU RECOMMEND  

http://ca.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=AVReceivers&ProductId=NR1605  

and i just hook up a 3.5mm to RCA into this receiver^ which one would give me better sound for speakers and headphones?

please let me know ASAP as i have to make the decision soon, it would be greatly appreciated 

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #2 of 4
1. Yes - it seems you can use either optical or coaxial
2. The DAC in the amp
3. Yes - you will use the high-level inputs of the sub
4. You will need an additional pair of speaker wire from the amp to the sub as well as either an optical or coaxial cable (RCA termination) to connect your sound card to the amp

If you opt for the receiver, then you can use the sub out to connect the subwoofer. You could also connect the sound card to the receiver using optical or coaxial if you wanted instead of 3.5 mm - RCA.

Personally, I'd take the integrated amp since there's less circuitry involved and consequently less potential for noise to be injected into the system.

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #3 of 4
So just to make sure by integrated amp you mean the marantz pm6005?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back