Audiophiles and the other Humans
Mar 5, 2010 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
Do most of u have such moments in daily life...when u r tryin to enjoy a song...and someone is trying to talk to u...then u make that annoyed face when u have to remove to earphone/headphone to hear them out.

be it your best friend, your girlfriend, your parents or just some random stranger ...but when that momentum in the song is broken by outside world it creates a disharmony in your world of high fidelity.
this is the face i make:

vlcsnap2010030604h25m04.png

vlcsnap2010030604h24m46.png

was watching american psycho...and in this scene i saw the exact same expression...and thot most of the people here must be having such issues as well.

how about u guys?...how do u deal with it?...or do u let other people feel ignored or take u as a rude person?

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 22
Yup, when I went to Austria a month ago, my mother managed to interrupt Agaetis Byrjun (album) three times, the momentum and flow is lost and I tend to get extremely annoyed.

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 22
Indeed!
It can be quite annoying when I am really into a tune and some random stranger approach me asking something. Happens sometimes on ex. the subway or train station...

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed!
It can be quite annoying when I am really into a tune and some random stranger approach me asking something. Happens sometimes on ex. the subway or train station...

I feel you on that, happens to me on the orange line quite a bit, and usually the drunks at 9 am

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 22
Sometimes I like to relax and listen to music in my room and then suddenly I hear a loud truck or something go by or some people run through the hallway yelling.

It's very annoying. I could probably solve this problem if I went for a nice set of closed cans, but I'm reluctant to sell my HD580s just for that.

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #6 of 22
No not really. I let everyone know I'm going to be listening to music so they don't bother me. If I'm alone with friend in the same room, I won't listen to music because it seems a bit rude to me. I don't listen to headphones much on public transport [damn phone lol] but it would be annoying if it happens every day.

Then again, I don't consider myself an audiophile.

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No not really. I let everyone know I'm going to be listening to music so they don't bother me. If I'm alone with friend in the same room, I won't listen to music because it seems a bit rude to me. I don't listen to headphones much on public transport [damn phone lol] but it would be annoying if it happens every day.

Then again, I don't consider myself an audiophile.

^^ Same here. I find it rude as well. And when I do have my earphones on I know where the pause button is.

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #8 of 22
Usually when listening I just stand or sit somewhere, looking around a bit not minding anything that happens around me. With some people you just can't listen to music so don't listen to music.

I only respond when listening to music when someone looks me in the eyes to ask me something or when I'm curious enough. Thankfully I usually don't play my favourite tracks/albums in crowded places.

MomijjiTMO and Industrial, I agree yet I prefer my music present when needed.

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #9 of 22
When I'm out shopping or whatever I will wear my IEMs and I find it extremely annoying to be bothered. I have to pull out the IEM to speak and putting them back in is a PITA. I'd like a PTH like the one Shure has but am afraid of how it would effect the sound.

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #10 of 22
I had one of those missionary guys come right up to my face while I was clearly listening to music on the bus and begin talking to me... I looked at him puzzled for a minute and then I took out my earphones and the guy didn't even skip a beat! This wasn't the first time that's happened too.

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #11 of 22
Sadly, I do have such experiences. I always try to put it in perspective and snap out of it though. As much as I do love music, there are far more important things in life, and certainly my wife would be one of those, as well as parents, family and good friends. In my book, if you put your personal enjoyment of music over your close personal relationships to your family and friends, well, that is just very sad indeed. I hear where you're coming from though - breaking the groove certainly can be annoying. I do try to choose my listening times carefully for this reason. Now missionary's on the other hand....

Mar 6, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #13 of 22
on an unrelated note, just seeing that picture, my girlfriends dad looks like Christian Bale, like..dead ringer. I think me informing him he looks like batman won a few brownie points
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #14 of 22
I was interupted on the street today but the end result was quite amusing as the fellow had mistaken me for his uncle.

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #15 of 22
Was that man TimmyGCSE, and do you look like Christian Bale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back