Audiophile
Nov 3, 2013 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BoserPoser69

New Head-Fier
What does it mean to be an audiophile? How do you know if you are one? Do you have to be certified? Do you have to spend your entire life savings to be considered one? I really need help I'm looking for a pair of iems that can support all ranges of music from hip hop/ rap to jazz classic rock rnb opera, well I don't listen to opera but you get the point I don't want to be limited. My budget is $100. I live in Michigan I'd rather go to a local store than buy online. What do you think about the skullcandy inkd 2.0? I'm sry about beating a little off topic

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #3 of 7
By dictionary definition, "Audiophile" means people who occasionally, if not frequently, listens to music without doing anything else. They listen to music, for the music, not just for accompanying them to multitask.

So does one need to spend a fortune on audio gear to be an audiophile? According to the dictionary definition, no. But it seems that we live in a world where most people thinks one would have to spend a fortune on proper audiophile gear to be considered an audiophile.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #4 of 7
By dictionary definition, "Audiophile" means people who occasionally, if not frequently, listens to music without doing anything else. They listen to music, for the music, not just for accompanying them to multitask.

So does one need to spend a fortune on audio gear to be an audiophile? According to the dictionary definition, no. But it seems that we live in a world where most people thinks one would have to spend a fortune on proper audiophile gear to be considered an audiophile.

Can you recommend me some brands of in ear audiophile headphones for $100

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Also I thought that Audiophile meant people who were interested in audio in general, not just music. BTW, if you're looking for some IEMS for $100, I think the Klipsch S4 are well recommended, although I haven't heard them. I use the Yamaha EPH 100, although this might be out of your budget.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #6 of 7
Also I wouldn't mention Skullcandy around these parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back