Audiophile Wings
Mar 4, 2005 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Big Al

100+ Head-Fier
How and when do you know when you can call yourself a true audiophile? Is it when you spend like a $3000 on upgrades on headphones, interconnects, cables, pads, etc... different ripping/encoding methods on a $299 MP3 device (iPod 4g 20GB in my case) to sound like a CD or Vinyl? This is what I'm trying to do and the sound is great where I'm at right now. I have not problems with spending $$$ but there are some many variables, each set of cans I purchase sound so unique with my set-up and I can't buy them all! Does it ever end?

Mar 4, 2005 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't think money has anything to do with it. I consider anyone an audiophile that is interested in doing some critical listening and improving the quality of sound coming from whatever gear they are using.

Mar 4, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Al
How and when do you know when you can call yourself a true audiophile?

http://www.answers.com/audiophile

There even is a link to head-fi!
tongue.gif

To me, you are an audiophile if you are able to differentiate & appreciate -> gain pleasure from a good reproduction of sound. And that is... priceless.

Mar 4, 2005 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by timoteus
I don't think money has anything to do with it. I consider anyone an audiophile that is interested in doing some critical listening and improving the quality of sound coming from whatever gear they are using.

Then I think I "broke my cherries". I'm after every note I may be missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back