audiophile vs consumerphile????
Jun 22, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 23
I'm surprised Monster Cable hasn't sued all these other companies that have ripped off their idea of ripping off consumers by making outrageous claims about the cables and then letting people fool themselves into believing it.

Jun 22, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #3 of 23
Having heard Monster Cable products before, I'd expect the coat hanger to have the upper hand.

Jun 22, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is aLL snake oil !

LOL!
biggrin.gif

You should get this thread also, Kevin.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/sn...b-ears-336101/

Jun 22, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #7 of 23
This has been posted many times before, and yes I agree. Even I wouldn't use either Monster Cable or a coat-hanger, and I do not buy into the multikilobuck cable nonsense either.

Jun 22, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by cAsE sEnSiTiVe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having heard Monster Cable products before, I'd expect the coat hanger to have the upper hand.

Ditto!

Its just Snake oil, as we say around here...

Jun 22, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #10 of 23
Granted, I think that in atmospheres with rampant EMI and RF, the monster cable's shielding would produce quite an audible difference (no crackly noises). That being said, that's not a benefit of Monster Cables, just a lack of shielding on the coat hangers. 3 dollar monoprice cables would serve the exact same purpose.

Jun 23, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course the coat hanger has the upper hand. You can't hang your coat on a monster cable...

but, but, but... u can hang urself after listening to the monster cable and decided that 10k$ isnt worth it. =P

Jun 23, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #12 of 23
It's weird seeing cable forum talks generally about cable snake oil thing...why don't you just quit this place and let believer be what they like?

Jun 23, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindowsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's weird seeing cable forum talks generally about cable snake oil thing...why don't you just quit this place and let believer be what they like?

This, coming from the guy who believes he can hear radio waves...

Jun 23, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindowsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A forum is discussion. Everyone's opinion, unless intentionally inflammatory (and I don't think this is the case, as at least 90% believe what they're saying), is worth an equal amount. Why don't you quit the forum? Then you won't have to ever hear that you could possibly be wrong.

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #15 of 23
I think I found an easiest way to prove if cables are all the same or not. Would you dare to use stock grade power cords and cables like ones you received together from headphone amps with medical device to your family? Cmon, they're all the same, even coat hanger copper can be used for speaker cable from hundred watts amplifier so it should be no problem with medical device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back