audiophile tweaks to improve computer sound??
Oct 4, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #17 of 24
i got the armorsuit p60 earlier this year.. with 5 fans, it's quite quiet
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #18 of 24
ferrite clamps are a myth to me when it comes to line-level audio.

Oct 5, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

i got the armorsuit p60 earlier this year.. with 5 fans, it's quite quiet

Way too many fans !

Dampening wont help as much as anti vibrating fans and minimizing fans to max needed (CPU and PSU only). The Accelero on your graphics card is nice, same here! You might want to remove the plastic caps for better cooling. The rear fan is not needed, since the PSU fan alone is sufficent to suck the air out the PC. ATM your rear and PSU fan are stealing air from each other -> bad. Solid State Disks are a nice idea but i havent tested them and if you think 500 bucks for 30gig is a bargain go for it. Lian Li: Black Aluminium PC-7, sooo nice and lightweight. Perfect quality, you wont ever go back after you got a Lian Li. Again: no need for dampening it only makes the pc hot and heavy. Go anti vibrate and Yate Loon D12SL ! Gigabyte are indeed excellent MoBo's.

They also got forums there..
http://www.silentpcreview.com

SSD
OCZ Solid State Drive (SSD) 2.5", 32GB, SATA II (OCZSSD2-1S32G)
Read: 100MB/s • write: 80MB/s • SATA II • NAND-Type: SLC

322501.jpg

Oct 5, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will also consider getting a Lian-Li case - they have a good reputation for being very quite.

With default ventilation is not so quite and let's not forget the aluminum vibration from high volumes.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #21 of 24
Well I ve done some things with my pc source which were made for a quite operation.

I removed all the hdds from the inside and used external for music archiving. The operation software is installed in an sdd which is the only drive installed in the pc. Im using a semi passive psu unit with a fan for Power. The cpu fan is silent and I m using a ferite core on the Power cable. The sounds card of the pc which is an Asus xonar essence st takes power from a cable that is only for the card and Im also using a ferite core three as well. As for the software I ve disable all the unecesary backround apps to avoid ram and cpu usage as the pc is used for playback only purposes. There isnt't much you can do but to ensure a quiet and stable operation of the system with doubtfull results from the aspect of sound improvemance.

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #22 of 24
I use 18 vantec tornados with the side panel off because

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #24 of 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back