Audiophile Store Bay Area
Sep 20, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 12
There are a couple up in Walnut Creek.

Sep 20, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 12
The New Audible Difference on El Camino just north of Embarcadero Rd in Palo Alto.....

Sep 20, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 12
Audible Arts on Winchester Blvd just south of "Valley Fair" shopping mall. They used to have Cary Audio, Benchmark DAC, and ASL brands.

Bay Area Audio on De Anza Blvd. I went to listen to some PSB speakers.

Century Stereo on El Paseo De Saratoga - (B&W, Rotel)

It's been a while since I went to Audible Differences but that was a good place to audition equipment as well.

Good luck

Sep 20, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
There are a couple up in Walnut Creek.

Really??? Where at?

Sep 21, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Really??? Where at?

Stereo Unlimited is still on Locust St downtown. Another one near that whole new area by Andronico's and the Century 16 is Triad Home Theater, they carry McIntosh. I believe there are a couple more (there was one that went out of business, but they were @sses anyway).

Do you live in that area?

Sep 21, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 12
Yup! I live in Pleasant Hill... I could have moved to WC but they wouldn't let me in without a sweater vest
wink.gif

Do either have cans for demo?

Sep 21, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Yup! I live in Pleasant Hill... I could have moved to WC but they wouldn't let me in without a sweater vest
wink.gif

Do either have cans for demo?

Well I grew up in Walnut Creek, but to be honest the last time I went into those stores I had no interest in headphones (I remember saving up for some NHT SuperOne's in High School...never bought them). I would assume Stereo Unlimited would have more if any, because they are pretty much all 2 channel rigs and vinyl.

About the sweater vest, that is pretty funny. The strangest thing is that place was NOTHING like that a decade ago. Sure they had some nice shops and stuff downtown, but it is scary now. When I left for college (Summer of 2000) it had really started to go into turbo-drive. So whenever I visited my parents through college there was just more and more of that ritzy crap. I mean a Tiffany's...is that really necessary? There is so much damn money in that town now it is ridiculous. When I grew up there it did not have all that materialism going on. I might actually be moving back down to the bay come May...but in looking at rent costs compared to where I am now, I am really stressing finding a good job. I will definately have to make more than I do now to afford to live the way I do up here, back down there.

Sep 21, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #10 of 12
Yeah, it's competing with San Ramon and Danville now. At least they have a Ruth's Chris
tongue.gif
But lots of snobs there... then you go to Concord and it's thug gang banger BS. That's why I live in between
tongue.gif
Pleasanton was ranked very high for salary range...close to SF and SJ, you may look there... commute could be worse.

Sep 21, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #11 of 12
Gah, I moved out of Pleasanton, it went from small quaint town to noisy sprawl in less than 10 years. My folks recently sold their house in Pleasanton and moved to Lincoln. They bought the P-Town house for $389K and sold it for $1.25 million!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back