Audiophile Post-Rock?
Jun 30, 2010 at 8:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

fuseboxx

500+ Head-Fier
I hope there are a few post-rock fans here who can contribute.

If you have any specific post-rock track or album that comes to mind, which is excellently recorded, please do suggest.

The only albums I can think of off the top of my head, that might be okay are:

This Will Destroy You - Young Mountain (the drums are especially well-engineered)

And So I Watch You From Afar - <self-titled>

Mooncake - Lagrange Points

Jun 30, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 15
I think these two are very well produced and great sounding:

=> CUL DE SAC - Crashes to Light Minutes to Its Fall

=> THE ALBUM LEAF - One Day I'll Be on Time

Demetrio.

Jul 2, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #5 of 15
No worries at all.  Just one of my favs
L3000.gif

For my information: what exactly defines an audiophile record? What are you looking for in that music?

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 15
Plenty of recommendations here....

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/492949/the-post-and-math-rock-appreciation-thread

I am presently listening to the mellow Sumner Mckane and their album 'What a great place to be'

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 15
afiak most pock-rock albums have good recordings, even Mogwai. My favorite is either Tortoise and Do Make Say Think, but as for best recording I have to say Spiderland by Slint.

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 15
Do Make Say Think's You, You're a History in Rust is an album I consistently look to when in a rough spot. It makes me always appreciate life. The most recent Other Truths is an interesting compliment, the album reminds me a lot of a warm red-sunned evening. Other Truths' sound as a whole quite closely resembles the album artwork.

Grails is another band that is an excellent listen. I find their work is helped tremendously by getting in a comfortable position and listening to the entirety of the album. When in the right spot the recording comes alive and takes you on a journey. I highly recommend The Burden of Hope for a more upbeat album and Doomsdayer's Holiday as a foil for an introduction to Grails.

Jul 3, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #10 of 15
I saw Grails live a few weeks back in Glasgow. Sadly it was spoiled by terrible speakers and they were on stage for just over an hour. But what an atmosphere and the musicianship was superb.

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #11 of 15

Quote:
Do Make Say Think's You, You're a History in Rust is an album I consistently look to when in a rough spot. It makes me always appreciate life. The most recent Other Truths is an interesting compliment, the album reminds me a lot of a warm red-sunned evening. Other Truths' sound as a whole quite closely resembles the album artwork.

I didn't like Other Truths at first listen. I thought it was little dull compared to their last two albums. But their characteristics came alive as it grew on me. "Think" is my favorite post-rock track at the moment.

btw the artwork seemed awfully familiar to me. Any idea where it came from?

Jul 4, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #12 of 15
Say is my favorite song on that album. All together Other Truths is an epic album. 

Jul 5, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #13 of 15
Mono's newest album, Hymn to the Immortal WInd, seems pretty well mastered to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back