Audiophile MiniDisc Users?
Feb 12, 2004 at 4:33 AM Post #61 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by archosman

The sad thing about most radio stations is most of them air off of a server. In other words they're mp3s folks. I have a few friends here in the industry here and they all say it's the standard practice now. Funny thing is instead of using the old cart machines for spots alot of them use minidisc!

Actually, there are some smaller stations out there who converted their entire library to MiniDisc, and just play the MD's throughout the day. (I wish they all did this)

Yes, MD has replaced the old cart machines. Also, almost every station uses MD for recording shows.

It's very depressing to see more and more stations convert all music to mp3 on several large hard drives. They sound like TOTAL CRAP, and I hope that all of their hard drives crash and burn...

Feb 12, 2004 at 5:54 AM Post #62 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. X
Actually, there are some smaller stations out there who converted their entire library to MiniDisc, and just play the MD's throughout the day. (I wish they all did this)

No kidding! Alot easier to replace the md than to get a new cd...

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. X It's very depressing to see more and more stations convert all music to mp3 on several large hard drives. They sound like TOTAL CRAP, and I hope that all of their hard drives crash and burn...

One of my friends here is a part time DJ (has been forever) and we were talking about that one day. He said they pretty much rip everything at the same rate. He remarked how some of the music just doesn't compress very well compared to others. No surprise there!

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #64 of 64
Very excited that I recently completely resurrected my tough old Sony MZ N707 R netMD player.  Paired it with my Bravo Ocean and output is going through some 668B's I leave on my bedside.  Tonight I am listening through 2 MDs, one with Led Zeppelin I & II and the other with Led Zeppelin III & IV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back