Audiophile Grade Cell phones
Aug 23, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #16 of 29
Having owned some good DAPs (HM-601, Clip+ and Cowon J3) I believe the iPhone 4 is rather underated.

Jan 19, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #18 of 29
I know this thread is kinda old, but anyways, i've been compiling a list of phones with Wolfson DAC, here they are, if anyone know others, please let me know

samsung galaxy s
samsung captivate
samsung epic 4g
samsung wave s8500
nexus s & s 4g
lg optimus 2x
lg-lb4400
lg optimus gt540
lg optimus one
lg optimus chic

May 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #23 of 29
"Combined with this Android software is a 1.9GHz quad-core processor. Now it's worth clarifying that there are two versions of the Samsung Galaxy S4. For the UK, Europe and the US, we have a Galaxy S4 with the 1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor. The rest of the world gets an Exynos 5 octa-core processsor.
We also understand that the two models may well have different DACs, with possibly only the international version having the Wolfson Micro WM5102 chip and the Galaxy S4 released in the UK sporting a more typical Qualcomm DAC. We're looking to confirm this with Samsung and Wolfson, and ultimately bring you a review of the Exynos 5 octa-core model S4. Naturally, the two different Samsung Galaxy S4 phones may deliver different sound quality."

http://www.whathifi.com/review/samsung-galaxy-s4

May 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #24 of 29
Most tegra2 -devices also have a wolfson dac.
I'm going to buy a (cheap) phone soon and I'll use it as a portable source with my amp. Does anyone have experience with the sq of the older motorolas ie. Atrix?

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:
Most tegra2 -devices also have a wolfson dac.
I'm going to buy a (cheap) phone soon and I'll use it as a portable source with my amp. Does anyone have experience with the sq of the older motorolas ie. Atrix?

I'm doing the exact same thing. looking for an old cheap phone for strict music duty, since my current phone isnt too good. everyones says samsung. does anyone have any other options besides that and iphone? also need removable sd. meizu looks interesting.

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:
"Combined with this Android software is a 1.9GHz quad-core processor. Now it's worth clarifying that there are two versions of the Samsung Galaxy S4. For the UK, Europe and the US, we have a Galaxy S4 with the 1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor. The rest of the world gets an Exynos 5 octa-core processsor.
We also understand that the two models may well have different DACs, with possibly only the international version having the Wolfson Micro WM5102 chip and the Galaxy S4 released in the UK sporting a more typical Qualcomm DAC. We're looking to confirm this with Samsung and Wolfson, and ultimately bring you a review of the Exynos 5 octa-core model S4. Naturally, the two different Samsung Galaxy S4 phones may deliver different sound quality."

http://www.whathifi.com/review/samsung-galaxy-s4

Hows the quality of the Qualcomm DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back