audiophile grade car speakers?
Mar 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mk4gtijoe

New Head-Fier
lol im curious what would be considered audiophile grade as far as car speakers is concered...im about to obtain an 02 GTI and i wanna go the whole 9 yards... dynomat co axial speakers class d subs the whole shebang. what could i stick in there to get a very similar sound signature as my dt770s?

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 11
Good question!
I keep thinking that I will replace the nasty stock speakers I have in my Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R Spec.

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 11
Issue is with all the background noise in a car, it's impossible to really get great sound.

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 11
Unfortunately, many of the car speakers today are tuned to the bassheads that want to rattle their windows and doors.  Finding flat sounding speakers is betting really tough.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #5 of 11
My car has a factory installed H/K Logic 7 ( Mercedes ) . I find it very impressive compared to the stock one. Upgrade price was $1800

The best I've head was a B&O in an Audio A8, looks also damn cool. BMW and Mercedes started dealing with B&O recently, this is as far as I know. Price varies between $3950 - $6200

One of the most powerful systems I've head 8 years ago was on a Golf by Clarion. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
My car has a factory installed H/K Logic 7 ( Mercedes ) . I find it very impressive compared to the stock one. Upgrade price was $1800

The best I've head was a B&O in an Audio A8, looks also damn cool. BMW and Mercedes started dealing with B&O recently, this is as far as I know. Price varies between $3950 - $6200

One of the most powerful systems I've head 8 years ago was on a Golf by Clarion. 

Unfortunately, I lack the financial means to avail myself of a Mercedes or it's ilk.
Alas, alack!

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #7 of 11
i have the upgraded monsoon system in my gti but id like to go a little more clear...lol like ive spoiled myself with my beyers.... and everything else is just sub par and un-enjoyable to me.... i wonder if i could just buy some higher end drivers from peerless (the company that makes drivers for definitive technology) and retro fit them in the doors

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
i have the upgraded monsoon system in my gti but id like to go a little more clear...lol like ive spoiled myself with my beyers.... and everything else is just sub par and un-enjoyable to me.... i wonder if i could just buy some higher end drivers from peerless (the company that makes drivers for definitive technology) and retro fit them in the doors

The only factory car stereo I have ever heard that I actually liked was a Monsoon system!

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #10 of 11
Resurrecting an old thread but.... the Focal Utopia BE line of speakers is probably the best thing i have ever heard in a car. Simply stunning!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back