Audiophile Frank Sinatra suggestions
Jul 26, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #16 of 41

Quote:
Definitely. I would absolutely love to listen to your stuff. It's not often most of use get to sit in and understand the other aspects of the recording / mastering process. I'm actually downloading your Disneyland Binaural recordings now. I'll send you a PM sooner or later. I guess I'll see you at the meet!

Fill me in with the details of the meet.

Jul 27, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #18 of 41
The other great live Sinatra album is the DCC Gold disc "57" Live in Concert also different songs than the Sands recording. Both are my favorite Sinatra albums because you have his personality and sense of humor plus the recordings and vocals make me feel like I am in the room hearing him which I did back in the early 80's but he was at his best on these two recordings.

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #19 of 41

Quote:
The other great live Sinatra album is the DCC Gold disc "57" Live in Concert also different songs than the Sands recording. Both are my favorite Sinatra albums because you have his personality and sense of humor plus the recordings and vocals make me feel like I am in the room hearing him which I did back in the early 80's but he was at his best on these two recordings.

That DCC Gold disc is fantastic! It's also one of my favorites but it's getting hard and harder to find at a good price.

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #20 of 41
I was thinking back on this thread and noticed that I forgot to mention the only real "audiophile" Frank Sinatra cd that was released by a non-audiophile company. Best of all, it is readily available and it's very affordable:

Here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Capitol-Collectors-Frank-Sinatra/dp/B000002UV3

Jul 31, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #22 of 41
I believe that box uses the 80s/90s remasters which are considerably less objectionable than the ones done in the 2000s.

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #23 of 41

Quote:
I believe that box uses the 80s/90s remasters which are considerably less objectionable than the ones done in the 2000s.

Correct and some of the songs were remastered just for that set. The sound is quite decent but not as good as The Collectors Series CD.

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #25 of 41

Quote:
I got the Capitol years Box set and the sound is quite good. A very enjoyable set for Sinatra fans and well recorded with no digital noise.

That 3CD set is indeed very nice.

Aug 4, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #26 of 41
I put the 3CD Capital Years and the Collector Series disk on my Amazon wish list. We'll see which one I pick when I go to the pull the trigger. I wish I knew more about Japanese remasters when I lived there. I might have discovered some great finds. 
frown.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Ah, I tried to buy this one and Amazon has it used for $50-ish and new for $90-ish...they should call him "old gold eyes"
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:
 Ah, I tried to buy this one and Amazon has it used for $50-ish and new for $90-ish...they should call him "old gold eyes"
biggrin.gif

Amazon prices on DCC, MFSL, etc fluctuate quite a bit.  Put it in your wishlist and check it at least once a day.  You should be able to get it for under $30 eventually. It might take a while though. You can do the same thing on half.com.

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #29 of 41
Quote:
Amazon prices on DCC, MFSL, etc fluctuate quite a bit.  Put it in your wishlist and check it at least once a day.  You should be able to get it for under $30 eventually. It might take a while though. You can do the same thing on half.com.

I'm trying to keep track of these things for audiophiles.

You should be able to find those DCC's for $30 or less. Just be patient. The only one worth paying extra for is "Robin and the 7 Hoods".

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #30 of 41
RadioKing59,
Thanks so much for giving me the advice about the Amazon wish list...I watched that Gold 57 in Concert album for a week at $41 and I just swiped it for $19...plus I bought the Live at the Sands, both for $31 including shipping.  Now, I'm a happy camper.  Thanks to all on the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back