Audiophile Ethernet cables - The World Has Gone MAD!
Nov 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 19
The Sarum Tuned ARAY Ethernet cable is the result of experimentation. We’ve already been able to demonstrate just how effective Tuned ARAY cables are when used in USB configuration and the same is true of Tuned ARAY Ethernet cables.

Well, clearly if they can make a demonstrably better USB cable they'd also be able to do an Ethernet cable too.... it must be all those poor square waves that get their poor rising and falling edges rounded off, ect., etc., etc...

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #6 of 19
Is this some kind of Thanksgiving Fools' Day joke?

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #7 of 19
I really prefer BNC to Ethernet in my setup.  I tried to, how shall I say this, get the Ethernet in my audio system (i2S) to sound even better and success was, how shall I say this, limited.  

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 19
They look cool though......pure for optics I would like them 
atsmile.gif

I don't know if they exist already, audiophile network switches. Who's in? It's a Goldmine

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #9 of 19
Yep, audiophiles deserve everything they get. Silver/Gold/Unobtainium mix Cables, $50 connectors (really??) so why not this?

We fed this monster, now it will feed on us.

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #11 of 19
  They look cool though......pure for optics I would like them 
atsmile.gif

I don't know if they exist already, audiophile network switches. Who's in? It's a Goldmine

We need audiophile-grade wireless routers. No more will your audio packets be subject to the deleterious effects of latency due to general web traffic and multiple open streams of cat videos...

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #12 of 19

We need audiophile-grade wireless routers. No more will your audio packets be subject to the deleterious effects of latency due to general web traffic and multiple open streams of cat videos...

No, we need to make a direct connection to the source to eliminate any external distubance of the network.........
blink.gif
.damn... I googled it, that already exists: a record player, it uses some strange black platter.
wink_face.gif

Dec 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #13 of 19
Just noticed they have a "score" for the shielding efficiency. I assume they realise the cable shield will be unterminated at both ends? (unless shielded internet sockets do indeed exist with a mass connection for a shielded internet cable, in which case my bad...) AFAIK internet cables rely on relatively tightly twisted pairs to balance the noise out, not on shielding.

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #14 of 19
Just noticed they have a "score" for the shielding efficiency. I assume they realise the cable shield will be unterminated at both ends? (unless shielded internet sockets do indeed exist with a mass connection for a shielded internet cable, in which case my bad...) AFAIK internet cables rely on relatively tightly twisted pairs to balance the noise out, not on shielding.

The most impotant thing in ethernet cables is the twisting. But there are also ftp (foiled)or stp (shielded) ethernet cables. They are for proffesional/industrial purposes (so are their switches) and they use the metal rj45 connectors with shielding. So it's not all BS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back