Audiophile cables, an interesting question.
Jun 30, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #1,171 of 1,186
Not true. I know the owner of the factory and I visited the factory just 6 months ago. I have seen both the products in production. The factory also happened to be the only Apple approved factory in headphones. So I don't think any sourcing will change in the near future.

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #1,172 of 1,186
Not true. I know the owner of the factory and I visited the factory just 6 months ago. I have seen both the products in production. The factory also happened to be the only Apple approved factory in headphones. So I don't think any sourcing will change in the near future.

What factory exactly? Gizmodo says beats are being made by HTC of Taiwan. Is that true or not?

se

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #1,173 of 1,186

Even though this is rudimentary EE, most audiophiles will not understand how to apply this knowledge. In the case of cable lovers and believers of anecdotal information, nothing will help.

I strongly suspect that is exactly true, both the inability to  understand EE 200 level classes about fields, waves, and signals; and the fact that even if they could, it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

There's plenty of evidence that the lead engineers at the magic cable companies can't understand this material, either.

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #1,174 of 1,186
  Every time I read remarks like that, I have to smile. If only what you claim was true. But real life experiments conducted through the ages by many folks has produced a different outcome than you would have expected. Some of these multi strand cables with certain types of  insulation act as a significant capacitor. In RF coax cable they use teflon and airspacing to reduce these effects at RF. But at audio frequency it just gets accepted as irrelevant by many cable designers.

The reason why so many well-educated cable designers accept that multiple stranding, cable capacitance and inductance are irrelevant in home audio cables is because real life experiments conducted over the ages by many folks confirms the theoretical conclusion that they are irrelevant. Theory predicts that they may be relevant at RF frequencies and for cables that are miles long, and real life experiments affirm that as well.

Please provide a reference to even one example of what you claim.

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #1,175 of 1,186
What factory exactly? Gizmodo says beats are being made by HTC of Taiwan. Is that true or not?

se

I can  only tell you the factory name in a PM. Factories does not like outsider to disclose their client list. This factory is a fully integrated headphone manufacturer and has been in business for over twenty years. They have three locations in China manufacturing  all components including drivers and cable. HTC was only an investor and they have no facility for headphones manufacturing. Monster was the lead in manufacturing and design and was the direct contact since Beats has no resource. Beats took over later. I don't know exactly the detail transaction only approximately. This factory manufactured almost most of the high end phones reviewed here on head-fi. This is why sometimes it is funny when people compared manufacturing quality between different phones as if they're from two factories when they came from the same factory.

Jun 30, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #1,176 of 1,186
I can  only tell you the factory name in a PM. Factories does not like outsider to disclose their client list.

Then I wonder how they get their clients. Must have a secret handshake or something. :p

This factory is a fully integrated headphone manufacturer and has been in business for over twenty years. They have three locations in China manufacturing  all components including drivers and cable. HTC was only an investor and they have no facility for headphones manufacturing. Monster was the lead in manufacturing and design and was the direct contact since Beats has no resource. Beats took over later. I don't know exactly the detail transaction only approximately. This factory manufactured almost most of the high end phones reviewed here on head-fi. This is why sometimes it is funny when people compared manufacturing quality between different phones as if they're from two factories when they came from the same factory.

Ah, ok.

Thanks!

se

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #1,178 of 1,186
  My Google-fu found this easy enough.

http://www.kainorway-tech.com/about-us/

Don't be so quick, they seem to be selling stuff. They have listed $5-10 Million in revenue, hardly what I'd expect from an outfit that manufactures for so many other bigtime companies.

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #1,180 of 1,186
  Don't be so quick, they seem to be selling stuff. They have listed $5-10 Million in revenue, hardly what I'd expect from an outfit that manufactures for so many other bigtime companies.

It seems that they are a counterfeiter.  The press release for this manufacturing firm has a link to a website (http://www.fivestar-creative.com) that was shut down by a US federal court order for selling products bearing counterfeit trademarks.

http://www.releasewire.com/press-releases/brands-and-products-at-manufactured-by-hk-rui-qi-development-co-405411.htm

Anyone can purchase a 1000 fake units and resell them on Ebay or even Amazon, as long as they can cover their tracks.  Scary.

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #1,181 of 1,186

It seems that they are a counterfeiter.  The press release for this manufacturing firm has a link to a website (http://www.fivestar-creative.com) that was shut down by a US federal court order for selling products bearing counterfeit trademarks.

http://www.releasewire.com/press-releases/brands-and-products-at-manufactured-by-hk-rui-qi-development-co-405411.htm

Anyone can purchase a 1000 fake units and resell them on Ebay or even Amazon, as long as they can cover their tracks.  Scary.

We all know that old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #1,183 of 1,186

Users who are viewing this thread

Back