Audiophile by accident . The Hobby: An Unexpected Journey
Mar 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #151 of 466
Quote:
It seems like Sandu is the one to blame here for the misadventures of your wallet lol 

As for my journey, i think it's just starting, got the HD 558 a month ago and just got the FiiO E10 a couple days ago..... ahhhhhhhhh i think i might stop there because the sound is good for me... not amazing, but fine! It's FINE! (puts headphones on and chants "my precioussssss")

Welcome to headfi and sorry for your wallet! 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 Well this is how it starts 
L3000.gif
. I wish you a nice happy journey! 

Guys, this is how I felt when I first realized I liked HD800 too : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGes7FDmHAM

Mar 6, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #152 of 466
Was almost going to get a really cheap used HD650 by impulse, but alas after coming to grips with reality i turned down the seductive offer... (gotta save money for headphones man!) got an amp alone instead, realized that it was too early to part with the HD558 as well. Miss the airyness of them.
wink.gif

(might be able to sample the HD800 next week. but probably not gonna own one anytime soon
redface.gif
)

Mar 6, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #153 of 466
Quote:
Was almost going to get a really cheap used HD650 by impulse, but alas after coming to grips with reality i turned down the seductive offer... (gotta save money for headphones man!) got an amp alone instead, realized that it was too early to part with the HD558 as well. Miss the airyness of them.
wink.gif

(might be able to sample the HD800 next week. but probably not gonna own one anytime soon
redface.gif
)

Keep strong man. Go for the big bosses if you can. 

I just got a pair of Focal Spirit One and I think a "review" is at hand soon :D

Mar 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #154 of 466
I'll sneak in a picture to hurt those wallets!

Better portable sound anyone?

Mar 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #155 of 466
Quote:

As nice as that looks...I won't carry my lcd2 around. I am too afraid to scratch it/ loose it/ get stolen....etc :))

Congrats on the purchase though! :D

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #156 of 466
One needs to be born into an Alo commercial to be crazy enough to venture outside I agree!
But the porch is possible! 
o2smile.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #157 of 466
Quote:
One needs to be born into an Alo commercial to be crazy enough to venture outside I agree!
But the porch is possible! 
o2smile.gif

ROFL :)) it' s almost like wireless headphones! :))

Mar 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #158 of 466
Quote:

and I thought my portable pic was over the top...

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #159 of 466
Dan, thank you for this thread..

Twice now in the last two months I've read your journey, such a riveting set of stories, told in a very engaging way.

You have also firmed up my belief that the LCD2 would be a perfect remedy for my current upgraditis. er.. wait.. I mean the perfect compliment to my lovely AKG Q701.

Wonder where to find a pair in India!

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #160 of 466
Quote:
Dan, thank you for this thread..

Twice now in the last two months I've read your journey, such a riveting set of stories, told in a very engaging way.

You have also firmed up my belief that the LCD2 would be a perfect remedy for my current upgraditis. er.. wait.. I mean the perfect compliment to my lovely AKG Q701.

Wonder where to find a pair in India!

Thank you for reading Teddy Tc . Really glad you liked it.

I think they would be a nice complement indeed, actually I think Q701 will become the complement actually to lcd2 :D

If you don't have a local Audeze dealer, I am sure Audeze would ship it directly to you, but expect to be more expensive that 1000$ due to VAT and customs. I Romania it costs 1300$ at the dealer.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #161 of 466
Quote:

LOL, we don't suffer do we? Except that waiting of yours for the JH16.... 
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #162 of 466
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, we don't suffer do we? Except that waiting of yours for the JH16.... 
wink.gif

Just checked the waiting list. 5 weeks since they received my impressions and still waiting for parts to be pulled....As they say...Give me patience, Right Now!  
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #165 of 466

Users who are viewing this thread

Back