Audiophile by accident . The Hobby: An Unexpected Journey
Jun 18, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #436 of 466
Read the thread (in a fast manner though) and I really enjoyed! One of the most organic threads I came across on head-fi (although no update for 5months?)! 
beyersmile.png

Jun 18, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #437 of 466
  Read the thread (in a fast manner though) and I really enjoyed! One of the most organic threads I came across on head-fi (although no update for 5months?)! 
beyersmile.png

Hey Baycode. Thank you very much. It got too hard to keep my blog articles mirrored on headfi after 43 of them. 

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #438 of 466
hi, compliments on your huge hobby, journey, efforts!

the conductor, beside all the new gear you acquired, still a keeper? why?

lcd2, do you miss them (entirely / partially) ? just a straight answer, yes or not, please
biggrin.gif

keep it up ! cheers !

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #439 of 466
  hi, compliments on your huge hobby, journey, efforts!

the conductor, beside all the new gear you acquired, still a keeper? why?

lcd2, do you miss them (entirely / partially) ? just a straight answer, yes or not, please
biggrin.gif

keep it up ! cheers !

Thank you roskodan. The journey continues on my website. Well, I to be frank, I do not miss the lcd-2s .  Conductor was a keeper, especially for the amplifier. Now that I got the M9, I will sell it, as it makes no sense to keep it now :p

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #440 of 466
o you hav a review on the M9? BTW the X is superlative! Very good move to swap out my 3s for the X...

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #441 of 466
yes, been checking your site regularly,

i see your point about the m9, but still see the conductor as an excellent all-in-one, small footprint good price/value solution, however must admit i'm really left in awe every time i see how much stuff can audio-gd pack, price/performance/value wise (also in sheer mass and number of components inside), in their products, tho they could revise the design side a little, offer some color options perhaps, not really impressed in that regard
tongue_smile.gif

had the x and 3s but missed the 2s, so went for a lcd2 again to pair with my burson, this time the new fazor!

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #442 of 466
  o you hav a review on the M9? BTW the X is superlative! Very good move to swap out my 3s for the X...

Yes, I have the review of m9 on headmania. Simply put, it's the best amp I've ever tested. 

X is indeed very good. However, Audeze changed LCD-3 as well. They added drivers and also changed the membrane. I will try to review the new model as well. I have 2 friends that listened to them and they were extremely impressed.

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #444 of 466
  btw did you try violectric's gear? maybe you should take some of their stuff (perhaps the new amps) in for a review!

I've never heard any of their gear. I have a friend and he had both v200 and conductor. He said they have similar performance. Will have a look into their new products. That is a good suggestion. Thanks :)

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #446 of 466
I have no doubt at all that LCD3 (f) are also absolutely gorgeous sounding as well. Really can't go wrong with either of these phones IMHO. I will look up that review on the M9. Thanks for the honest detailed reviews.

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #447 of 466
I have no doubt at all that LCD3 (f) are also absolutely gorgeous sounding as well. Really can't go wrong with either of these phones IMHO. I will look up that review on the M9. Thanks for the honest detailed reviews.

Yes, I think it might be a matter of taste.

Thank you for the kind words. Really glad to hear that!

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #448 of 466
Read the review on the MSB Analog dac and it looks like the M9 / MSB Analog dac combo would be right at end-game unless wanting to get into Stax. And really don't see the need for that personally... So I think the direction will likely be MSB Analog dac with either M9 or Auralic Taurus but leaning more towards M9. Please review the Taurus if possible to compare with the M9 if ya get a chance to do so? Thanks...

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #449 of 466
Read the review on the MSB Analog dac and it looks like the M9 / MSB Analog dac combo would be right at end-game unless wanting to get into Stax. And really don't see the need for that personally... So I think the direction will likely be MSB Analog dac with either M9 or Auralic Taurus but leaning more towards M9. Please review the Taurus if possible to compare with the M9 if ya get a chance to do so? Thanks...

I also think this is an end game setup for the dynamic headphones. I also leaned more towards M9. Hope I get the chance to hear taurus too. I don't want to get into the stax world just yet. You don't have a wide variety of amplifiers to choose from, and I feel that most of them are grossly overpriced. 
One other reason to wait, is that Sennheiser might release a new headphone soon, and it might be electrostatic. :p

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #450 of 466
Hifiman will release a stat and amp too. Besides, good stat amps are pretty hard to make due to the high voltages, I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back