Audionoob. Just getting started. Help me find an IEM.
May 10, 2020 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Chamil90

New Head-Fier
Hey

I am a really a noob when it comes to the audio world but i am getting more and more into it. I am looking for a new set of IEM. From what i understand i like more balanced or neutral sound signature beacuse i am really no basehead.

I have a pair of q-jays that really blew me away and got me into this. But i am looking for a littel more headroom/soundstage and just a tiny more bas. I also heard the audiothecnica ls200 and loved it. But i want more :). I tried a coustume art fibae 4 but that was really not for me.

I have made a list of possible iem/ciem please guide me or give me some pointers or additions to the list of which one i should buy next.

Source: samsuns s9+ but i Will be buying a Dap.

My budget is bassically under 1200 dollars.
Meza rai penta
Oriveti oh 500
Fiio fh 7
Lime ears aether.
Audio fly 1120mk2
Astell and kern t9ki

Also a maybe is campfire andromade but i am afraid of the bas. Hahah :)

And some that i really Think i would like but is out of budget.
Inear promission x.
Inear profile 8
Campfire solaris.

Any suggestions or guidence please help :)

May 10, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 7
Last edited:
May 10, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 7
Sony IER-M9. Might be a little bit over your budget, but love that little guy. Very comfortable, has more bass than an Andromeda and is not very source-sensitive.

May 11, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #4 of 7
Heido!
With your budget you can get really excellent IEMs, the hard part is finding out which one matches your preferences and needs.
The fact that you liked the LS200 is a starting point, you said you want "more".
What would you like more?
What kind of music are you listening to?
What made you put the other IEMs on your list, because they are really different?
And last, under what conditions are you planning to use them? At home, commuting, doing sports?

And did you see Crinacle's list and graph comparison tool?
https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/
https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/
I'm a big fan of his work and find my ears to agree mostly with his judgement.
Based on what you wrote it seems like a form of neutral tuned IEM would suit your needs, and models that look interestig could be
Moondrop S8
Hidition Viento
Even the Sony EX1000
or if a little warmer sound is ok, the Sony M7 and M9, the Andromeda

If you can describe a little more about your thoughts and needs would be very helpful!

May 11, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 7
May 11, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 7
Heido!
With your budget you can get really excellent IEMs, the hard part is finding out which one matches your preferences and needs.
The fact that you liked the LS200 is a starting point, you said you want "more".
What would you like more?
What kind of music are you listening to?
What made you put the other IEMs on your list, because they are really different?
And last, under what conditions are you planning to use them? At home, commuting, doing sports?

And did you see Crinacle's list and graph comparison tool?
https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/
https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/
I'm a big fan of his work and find my ears to agree mostly with his judgement.
Based on what you wrote it seems like a form of neutral tuned IEM would suit your needs, and models that look interestig could be
Moondrop S8
Hidition Viento
Even the Sony EX1000
or if a little warmer sound is ok, the Sony M7 and M9, the Andromeda

If you can describe a little more about your thoughts and needs would be very helpful!

I want more headspace and sounstage i loved it so much on the ls200 but i really wanted bigger.

I tend to listen to most genres thats the problem maybe slighty more to rock and hip hop.

I just read about Peoples experinces with this iems and they all sounded really Good.

Mostly cummoting iems sometimes at Home.

I have seen his list and i am double checking all after it. Problem is i dont have enough referens to agree or disagree. I might be leaning for the andromade even if i am not a bass head People seem to love it. Sony ex1000 and m9 are Good options. The viento would also be interessting. Thier is so many to choose haha its hard :) thanks for the feedback and tips :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back