AUDIOMAGUS.COM POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
May 7, 2009 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

hifimiami

100+ Head-Fier
I purchased a Trends Audio USB Audio converter which i had to return due to a defect. I than purchased a Pop Pulse digital link and requested the difference to be refunded to my credit card.
In order to receive the Pop Pulse which took 3 weeks from the time Trends Audio was received by Audiomagus it was necessary to threaten to cancel the order.
At Audiomagus regardless of the day or time no one answers the phone (answering machine) and they never return your messages. Audiomagus also rarely returns email's.
Audiomagus to this date has not refunded my funds, they sent an email from a company titled IdeaPlay LLC. I contacted my bank and they have not received anything from this company as of May 7, 2009.
The problem with purchase and return since March 11, 2009.
I do not recommend this vendor for a smooth transaction and any type of customer service

May 7, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 31
That's quite an interesting first post...

Well, I don't have much sympathy for you, it's your own fault for picking such a lousy company to do business with. Had you done 2 seconds of research by typing "Audio Magus review" in google, you would see the very first search result gives you all the information you needed. See here. A score of 3.5 on a 10 scale of satisfaction.

May 8, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 31
Sorry to hear that you ran into problems... But then again, as 'ka-boom' say, a quick search would have shown you that they are not highly regarded.

Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's quite an interesting first post...

Well, I don't have much sympathy for you, it's your own fault for picking such a lousy company to do business with. Had you done 2 seconds of research by typing "Audio Magus review" in google, you would see the very first search result gives you all the information you needed. See here. A score of 3.5 on a 10 scale of satisfaction.

I think this is a bit harsh, although you're right that it's a good policy to do a quick search on companies you haven't done business with. I've read older posts from a lot of people, including other forums, who bought stuff from them because they carry a lot of niche import stuff (T-amps) that was all the rage for awhile. Honestly, of all the online importers their site looks a feels the most professional. Someone else just posted a similar complaint about Obad Imports.

I'm glad this was posted, because I otherwise wouldn't have know they had issues.

May 11, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #6 of 31
That's why I always research online vendors before purchasing anything from them.

My boss ordered a part for work online and we had a lot of issues receiving it. They even told us they never received the order even though we got a confirmation email with the order! I checked Google and sure enough there were many complaints about the company. If only my boss had done a minute of research we wouldn't have been in that situation.

May 12, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #7 of 31
Its always a great idea to search online for customer reports when you consider dealing with a, for you, unknown dealer. That way you can quite easily spot, and stay clear, of those unserious ones..

May 20, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #8 of 31
AudioMagus screwed me too. I paid $450 for a KingRex T20U + PSU on March 17 and received nothing (details). In my case, AudioMagus was not an unknown dealer. I had great experiences with them in the past and they have had a very good reputation. The current economy got the best of them and unfortunately they have handled the situation very poorly. DO NOT ORDER FROM AUDIOMAGUS!

May 21, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 31
see my story here.

i had dealt with them for 2 years off and on with good support from one guy there. They replaced a t-amp sub adapter that wasn't working (still not working). So "research" response doesn't fly with me. Maybe you can criticize me for dealing with a new co. at the time, but i did do research.

May 24, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #10 of 31
Hello, this is Chrisitne of KingRex Tech. Here is the message for KingRex users:

It has come to our attention that Audio Magus, our dealership in the United States, for some unknown reasons is no longer in its normal capacity in operating the retail and after-sale service for KingRex products. With immediate effect, we suspend Audio Magus' rights in representing, selling and servicing KingRex products. As our continual commitment to customer satisfaction, we hereby authorize Obad Imports to take over the responsibility of all KingRex retail sales, warranty repair and technical support in the United States.

We apologize for any inconvenience you might have encountered. We thank you for your understanding and support. As we have many exciting new products scheduled for launch in 2009, you can be sure of our company motto is to strive for the best in product design, quality performance and customer satisfaction.

also this is my email box which could direct to me: kingrex.tec@msa.hinet.net. If there is any question, just show your real name and location we will try to provide the soonest reply.

May 24, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #11 of 31
hello, this is Chrisitne of KingRex.

It has come to our attention that Audio Magus, our dealership in the United States, for some unknown reasons is no longer in its normal capacity in operating the retail and after-sale service for KingRex products. With immediate effect, we suspend Audio Magus' rights in representing, selling and servicing KingRex products. As our continual commitment to customer satisfaction, we hereby authorize Obad Imports to take over the responsibility of all KingRex retail sales, warranty repair and technical support in the United States.

We apologize for any inconvenience you might have encountered. We thank you for your understanding and support. As we have many exciting new products scheduled for launch in 2009, you can be sure of our company motto is to strive for the best in product design, quality performance and customer satisfaction.

If there is any question, you could write me on my direct email : kingrex.tec@mas.hinet.net

May 26, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #12 of 31
[size=x-small]hello guys,
This is Christine of KingRex..... Just noted message by some kind users email........

Here is the message for our users - not advertisement !

We apologize for any inconvenience you might have encountered. We thank you for your understanding and support. As we have many exciting new products scheduled for launch in 2009, you can be sure of our company motto is to strive for the best in product design, quality performance and customer satisfaction.[/size]

If anyone would like to pass message to me, please use my direct email box: kingrex.tec@msa.hinet.net

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #14 of 31
It was a nightmare to deal with Audiomagus. I ordered Amod DAC 707 ($390 with TXCO and transformer upgrade) from them on 1/1/2009 and finally received the product on 2/23/2009. In April 2009, the Amod DAC went dead (no output from SPDIF input, only one channel output from USB or optical input). I sent it back on 04/27/2009 after getting approval from Audiomagus and have not heard back from them since. Horrible communication. They may or may not reply your email at all. When they do, it could take over 1 week to get a reply, they may not reply at all. Asked them why the delay for sending out the order, was given the following ansers:1) snow weather 2) waiting for TXCO 3) waiting for back plate. They will charge you right away after order and let you wait more than a month for your order’s “parts”; when you do not have the parts ready, why take order and charge cutomer? After shipping the defective product, I was told that they “are in buyout by the other company….wait for 2 weeks….” Now waaaaaay after 2 weeks, still no reply. Take alook at their ratings at resellerratings.com: 2.5 out of 10.

Jun 27, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #15 of 31
It's aweful to hear about such poor customer service. I am glad that people post this kind of informatiion. I think it's important to share this kind of information to prevent other people from having such problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back