AudioLineOut LOD characteristics
Feb 21, 2007 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

barshnik

Head-Fier
Anyone know if the different type of copper and silver wire LOD's have typical sound signatures that are audibly different? My equipment (Dt880's, Hornet amp) lean to the 'bright' side, so I want to avoid an LOD that will exagerate brightness any more. Thanks,

John F

Feb 21, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #2 of 5
You think those listed are of 'bright' characteristics??
plainface.gif

Anyway, to answer your question, pick anything EXCEPT those with silver in it. Copper is a bit warm, and cryo (yay!) is on the neutral side of things.

Feb 21, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You think those listed are of 'bright' characteristics??
plainface.gif

Anyway, to answer your question, pick anything EXCEPT those with silver in it. Copper is a bit warm, and cryo (yay!) is on the neutral side of things.

The DT880 is on the bright side and the Hornet is also on the edgier side of Neutral.
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by barshnik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if the different type of copper and silver wire LOD's have typical sound signatures that are audibly different? My equipment (Dt880's, Hornet amp) lean to the 'bright' side, so I want to avoid an LOD that will exagerate brightness any more. Thanks,

John F

Strongly recommend the Jumbo Cryo. Open, detailed, beautiful golden tone and killer midrange with a very nice bass presence and control. Expensive, but an overall killer cable. Aside from that the regular cryo would work for you as well.

Feb 22, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #5 of 5
X2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back