Audiofly AF140 Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN Tour Thread and Impressions
Jun 25, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #136 of 137
  After a lot of experimentation with tips for the AF140 (isolation, comfort and sound) my choice as stick to the SpinFit! You have to get use to the depth in the ear canal, but for me, the best in isolation and sound!

I also found the SpinFit's have been great for comfort and sound, but they don't make a difference to the isolation.  For me the isolation is quite poor with the AF140's no matter what tips are used.  Seems like it's more to do with the body/housing of the earphones itself, right?  I can hear people pretty clearly e.g. in an office environment nearby conversations are quite clear, even at low volume.  Maybe I'm just used to my old IEM's that were like ear plugs.

I'm currently looking for upgrades from my Shure SE215. I enjoy the fun (warm with rich vocals) sound signature of the SE215s, would the Audiofly AF140s be the closest to a much more refined version of the SE215 sound signature in the £200-300 range? Thank you.

I agree with MLTKSHHBT, sums up how I feel about their sound sig.

Additionally, as others have pointed out, be aware that while vocals sound nice and detailed, they are slightly recessed/veiled.  See previous posts i.e. my discussion with H20Fidelity. 

The AF140's have been a great upgrade from my Brainwavz B2's, I'll be enjoying them for a long time to come!

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #137 of 137
So after 1 year and 4 months the cable on my AF140 has broken 
frown.gif

Don't know if anyone else has had the problem where the cable gets twisted at the end of the 3.5 jack like I did, but it happened to mine.
I really hope I can get them fixed or replaced as I really love the sound and I can't afford a new pair at the moment.

Does anyone know if there are any places in the UK that do cable repairs on IEMs? I have sent Audiofly an email but i'm not sure they will fix or replace them for me. 
If they can't,  I would like to get them fixed,  if there are places that do that sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back