Audioengine d1 and 5+ no sound to dvd player
Jun 5, 2012 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

djphaze

Head-Fier
Hello. I have the audioengine d1 and 5+ setup up. I want to connect it to my dvd player(xbox360) so i can get sound out of them. So far its not working. this is how i have it connected....

Both speakers connected to each other with wires. Wires are in the right spots. Positive to positive and negative to negative.
audio cables are in input to 5+ speakers and those are going to the D1. Double checked red to red white to white.
optical cable from D1 is connected to xbox 360
usb cable in the back of the D1 is connected to the power supply in the wall

Is there anything else im missing? i cant figure it out. Speakers are brand new as well as the D1. Working perfect with my pc.

Jun 6, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 4
So i just did troubleshooting and all i did was switch the optical cable from the xbox 360 to my playstation 2. Put in a movie and vuala, it worked. I was scratching my head and couldnt understand why its not working for the xbox 360.

When i start up my xbox 360 i hear the 360 logo through my speakers,
beyersmile.png
but when a movie is in, i dont get sound. Gets even stranger huh? any help would be great! thanks!

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 4
*Update* So i read the manual and it said to select the audio to "pcm stereo". I went to the xbox 360 console settings, audio, digital output and set it to digital stereo. Finally sum sound! The menu had sound and neflix had sound as well, everything looks good until i put in a dvd. No sound
confused_face.gif
. The audioengine D1 makes a clicking noise when i hit play on a dvd but the light/power of the D1 is still on. Ive heard clicking noises before when i turn it off or turn it on. So i suppose this is normal but im almost there figuring out my problem
beerchug.gif

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #4 of 4
hello.  let me know if you figured out the problem.  i was planning on getting a D1 and using the optical input for my 360, but after reading this thread it seems you're having issues with that setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back