Audioengine A5, Swan D1080mkii 08 or M200mkii
Apr 7, 2010 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bumbabeef

100+ Head-Fier
So I have the option of getting the Swan m200mkii for around $187 plus shipping or possibly get the Audioengine A5 for around $260-280 FREE SHIPPING. I can also wait a month and get the Swan D1080mkii 08 for $159 plus shipping. I've done alot of research and this is what I've come up with so far.
A5
pros:Best sounding out of the the three from what I've read. (also the only one I could audition locally)
Build quality seems to be better or from what I've read less problems.
Quite loud so I can use it for bbqs at the park or in my backyard.
Resale seems to be easier then maybe the Swans.
3 year warranty
Cons: More expensive
Swan m200mkii
pros: Great sound quality but not as good as the A5s from what Ive read
I can audition for 30 days from TAI.
Positive reviews.
Cons: Only 1 year warranty
Not the best looking out of the bunch
Swan D1080mkii 08
Pros: Great sound quality but not quite as good as the A5 or M200mkii from what I've been told from John Lane at TAI.
Looks pretty good alot better then the M200mkii.
Cheapest out of the three.
30 day audition from TAI.
Cons: Farely new so not alot of reviews.
Only 1 year warranty

So Im wondering what would other people choose.

Apr 8, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 10
Im getting the D1080MKII 08 soon... The price difference between them and a pair of A5's is quite a bit for me... Around $100 more for the A5's, plus i then have to get a rca to mini cable to suit. I would rather use my zu gede cable on the Swans then a average mini to rca on the A5's.

Apr 8, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard the swann mkIII are much better than the mkII. If you want swanns, get the III's.

Unfortunately the mkIII are out of my budget. I really should save money and go with the swans but audioengine screams better quality all around.

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 10
I'm debating the same thing...

I have not heard everyone agree that the A5 is better than the swans though..

Apr 9, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #7 of 10
Well I decided to somehow squeeze the M200MKIII into my budget. John Lane at The Audio Insider was very helpful. That kind of customer service will always make me a customer. Ill post reviews when I receive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back