Audioengine A5+ Review
Dec 30, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #31 of 37

Yes i did...big diff in sound.

Btw i have no idea how the original OP says these belong an 18-year-old's room who just wants to crank the volume
...makes no sense to me... heck any good speaker which gives good music you want to crank on occasion if it sounds good.

Eh, he probably didn't have them setup properly.  In the pictures, the speakers aren't on stands, and they are very close to his walls/windows, which is going to have a large effect since these are rear-ported.

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #32 of 37
Yes i did...big diff in sound.

Btw i have no idea how the original OP says these belong an 18-year-old's room who just wants to crank the volume
...makes no sense to me... heck any good speaker which gives good music you want to crank on occasion if it sounds good.

Okay I understand now. My speakers are about 9 inches from the wall. This said I am also looking at emotiva 4s or Adam audio f5 speakers as a possible upgrade. I did buy a Pioneer sw8km2 sub small little thing and just really feels in the bottom in a little bit... Works quite nicely with the speakers.

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #34 of 37
I purchased a pair of these second hand and the right speaker has stopped working. I have managed to find a cheap deal on eBay where the right speaker only is working which is some good luck, do these speakers have to be paired how they come or will the other A5+ speaker i'm thinking of buying just connect right up and work? 

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #35 of 37
  I purchased a pair of these second hand and the right speaker has stopped working. I have managed to find a cheap deal on eBay where the right speaker only is working which is some good luck, do these speakers have to be paired how they come or will the other A5+ speaker i'm thinking of buying just connect right up and work? 

should just work out of the box if it's the correct one in the pair...as one is a power source while the other is passive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back