Audioengine A5 eq settings? Share yours
Dec 8, 2011 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jottle

New Head-Fier
So I've had my A5's for about two years now. As anyone who owns these knows, they are voiced somewhat warm, and the bass tends to be a bit muddy. I've raised them off the desk with a pair of speaker stands, but that only helps so much. I'm connected directly to my macbook pro, no dac (though it might help). When listening to music, I've played around with the itunes equalizer to get the A5's to sound more neutral to my ear. However, I was hoping some of you on the forum might be able to share your itunes equalizer settings here as well? I'm hoping to find another eq setting that makes these speakers shine. Unfortunately, I find that they really do need an eq for critical listening.  Please share yours below. Here's my preferred one so far....

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #5 of 7
Nothing wrong with a software eq really as long as you don't drive it to distortion. There's a preamp slider on the left, if you‘re doing boosts you should LOWER the preamp setting by at least as much as the highest boosted slider to avoid distortion.

Also be sure to turn off the “sound enhancer“ in iTunes, it does bad boosting EQ and causes distortion.

Oh and are you sure you even have the eq on :p The “on“ checkbox in your screenshot is unchecked :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 12, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Nothing wrong with a software eq really as long as you don't drive it to distortion. There's a preamp slider on the left, if you‘re doing boosts you should LOWER the preamp setting by at least as much as the highest boosted slider to avoid distortion.
Also be sure to turn off the “sound enhancer“ in iTunes, it does bad boosting EQ and causes distortion.
Oh and are you sure you even have the eq on
tongue.gif
The “on“ checkbox in your screenshot is unchecked
tongue.gif

Yeah. I have the eq off right now. The screenshot was just an example :) Anyone have some eq settings to share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back