Audioengine A2s, Swan M200MKIIs or M-Audio BX5a Deluxe?
Dec 14, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #16 of 25
Dwong:

I haven't critically listened to the A5's but from what I've heard it's more balanced than the M200MkII. The midrange on the swans is a little more recessed than the A5s (only noticeable in alternative/rock music) but still very pleasant to listen to. There is also a small midbass hump compared to the A5s at least with the bass and treble dials set to 12 o'clock positions but that may be to my crappy source, a headphone out on a Macbook Pro. The sound is more laid bac than the A5's at least to my ears.

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #17 of 25
I've got the Swan M200MKII coming out of my Zero DAC Earth HDAM and it sounds great to me. I can't find anything to complain about no matter how hard I try. Maybe someone could recommend me some kind of sound wave graphing program or something?

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #19 of 25
Where does this award come from?

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #20 of 25
Ok, thanks for the replies folks! This was a tough decision, but I ended up asking for the Audioengine A5s. It was a stretch, but it looks like they'll be here for Christmas. After all my research and all the suggestion I just kept coming back to the A5s. I just need to grab a subwoofer now
wink.gif

I really like the M200MKIIs, but they were just too big.

Dec 15, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCiscoKid78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, thanks for the replies folks! This was a tough decision, but I ended up asking for the Audioengine A5s. It was a stretch, but it looks like they'll be here for Christmas. After all my research and all the suggestion I just kept coming back to the A5s. I just need to grab a subwoofer now
wink.gif

I have the A5's sitting on MoPads and a Velodyne VX-10.

Adding the sub really cleaned up the sound at higher volume levels.

I have the RCA out's on my AudioTrak HD2 connected to the line in connectors on the VX-10 and go out to the A5's.

The VX-10 has a crossover that keeps anything under 80mhz from getting to the A5's...Nice setup for the money.

The VX-10 belongs to a friend and I am trying to decide one buying it from him or getting the Dayton.

Dec 15, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

wink.gif

I hope you enjoy them, they should be a great pair of speakers! I would hold on the sub until you hear the A5's, FWIR they provide enough oomf on their own. Please let us know your impressions when they come in
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #23 of 25
Nice set up Hookem. I'll be coming back here asking how to set this all up hehe.

I'll certainly give an update once everything is installed. The AuzenTech is on its way! I'm no audiophile, but I guess I could give the perspective of a novice
wink.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

wink.gif

You won't be disappointed. The sub is going to make them really shine
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back