Audioengine A2+ vs JBL LSR305
Jul 19, 2015 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

IMPERIUS

Head-Fier
Hi guys!

After a bit of general speaker research I've narrowed down my selection to 2 speakers based on anoter forum's suggestion and great reviews, the AE A2+ and the JBL LSR305

So which one would you take and why? The JBL has 5in drivers, has probably more bass becaause of that and everyone seem to love them, the AE A2+ seems to be not so loved but is still "great for what it is".

Thanks!

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 6
the AE A2+ seems to be not so loved but is still "great for what it is".

Seems like you have already figured it out. The A2+ are a good choice for people that must have very small speakers. The LSR 305s are the better speakers overall.

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #3 of 6
Seems like you have already figured it out. The A2+ are a good choice for people that must have very small speakers. The LSR 305s are the better speakers overall.

Aha basically bigger > in my particular situation of speakers.
Btw, love the headphones you have, are in my wishlist as well but decided to get speakers first :D

Jul 19, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 6
  After a bit of general speaker research I've narrowed down my selection to 2 speakers based on another forum's suggestion and great reviews, the AE A2+ and the JBL LSR305
So which one would you take and why? The JBL has 5in drivers, has probably more bass because of that and everyone seem to love them, the AE A2+ seems to be not so loved but is still "great for what it is".

Did you have a budget range?
Otherwise I'm guessing you should go for the JBL LSR305.
What about getting a DAC?
What exactly would you be plugging the studio monitors into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back