Audioengine 5 Subwoofer
Oct 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hi_fi82

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased a set of audioengine a5's, and while they sound incredible, a subwoofer is needed to enhance the low-end. With a budget of $150, I am looking at these 2 subwoofers in particular:

tSc ASW-10
Dayton ES8 (Engineered by HSU)

Which one is the better bet? Anyone have one of these subs? I know the tSc is comparable to the Energy ESW-10, a good budget subwoofer, and the Dayton's are known for their bang for the buck. I am particularly interested in the Dayton for the HSU aspect.

I am also open to used/refurbed Velodyne, BIC, and HSU offerings around $150

Thanks!

Oct 8, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 2
I got the Audioengine 5's and then picked up a good soundcard and it made my Audioengines sing. The soundcard is a X-Fi Elite Pro. Then about two weeks ago i picked up an Energy esw-v10 subwoofer. Hooked it up thru the soundcard. The sound to me is amazing. I like good sound. I am use to B&W speakers, sub and Pioneer receiver.

I am not sure if World Wide Stereo has any of the Energy esw-v8 subs left at 225.00 but that is a very good sub and a great price. That is free ship. Look on Ebay or the website. I would have been just as good gettting the smaller Energy sub and saved some floor space. The 10" is alot bigger foot print. It does sound great. Outlaw had a sale going also on i think one called a LF-Compact 10" subwoofer for around 300.00 free ship.

I do not know about the subs you mentioned and they are probably great subs but i know you would like that esw-V series sub in an 8 or 10". You would really like that Outlaw sub also. Outlaw makes great subs. If you wanted to stay in the price range you mentioned, that Velodyne subwoofer for 175.00 or so i hear is good with the Audioengines or computer set up also.

If you go energy, save up just a bit more and get the v series at 225.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back